New appreciation for the AF Short Story

Mark THS

Herfing at 110°
Well the weather was nice in Michigan today ("warmed" up to 42º), so I figured now is as good a day as any to get the grill fired up and cook dinner.

MrBl8k sent me a few Short Story's last week, so I figured they would be a great smoke to accompany some grilling. I lit up and ventured outside to clear off the deck and get the grill going. Threw the chicken on, cooked it, and just as the chicken was finishing- the Short Story was reaching its end.

Perfect length, perfect time, and an all around great smoke. I had a couple Short Story's about a year ago and I was pleased- but never blown away. I have certainly found new appreciation for them. Great construction, great burn and draw, and it packed a nice punch.

A special thanks for Blake for helping me rediscover a fine stick.

I recently bought one of these, and sent it out in a trade. Nice name for a cigar like this. Nice story about your grilling and smoking. I got to try these.

Not to divert the thread from being a Short Story praisefest- but it should really be reitterated that Blake is a top notch Gorilla. He's provided me with some excellent smokes lately.

I remember thinking to myself about halfway through my first AF Short Story "Damn, this is one of the best cigars I have ever smoked!" I was blown away by the little bastard.

Well the weather was nice in Michigan today ("warmed" up to 42º), so I figured now is as good a day as any to get the grill fired up and cook dinner.

MrBl8k sent me a few Short Story's last week, so I figured they would be a great smoke to accompany some grilling. I lit up and ventured outside to clear off the deck and get the grill going. Threw the chicken on, cooked it, and just as the chicken was finishing- the Short Story was reaching its end.

Perfect length, perfect time, and an all around great smoke. I had a couple Short Story's about a year ago and I was pleased- but never blown away. I have certainly found new appreciation for them. Great construction, great burn and draw, and it packed a nice punch.

A special thanks for Blake for helping me rediscover a fine stick.
U didn't even call me over to eat & smoke with ya. C if I invite u2 another herf ): & u can't come to the Rhino t is Friday either....

Its a strikingly deceptive smoke.

I think a lot of us, as avid smokers, pre-program ourselves to expect very little from such a small stick. I think back on all of the 'mind blowing' cigars I've had and they are generally larger in size- glad to have a cigar like this that breaks the mold.

U didn't even call me over to eat & smoke with ya. C if I invite u2 another herf ): & u can't come to the Rhino t is Friday either....

:r

Booker, you are welcome to venture out to the 'burbs any day for dinner and a smoke.

And the Rhino threat wont stun me- I'll be on Boston on Friday :D

:r

Booker, you are welcome to venture out to the 'burbs any day for dinner and a smoke.

And the Rhino threat wont stun me- I'll be on Boston on Friday :D
Man I never had anyone respond 2my threats quite like that. Guess I have2 step my game up a lil bit. I sure would hate to blow up my own state??? :) I know u got a brother so I can take him out as well.

Man I never had anyone respond 2my threats quite like that. Guess I have2 step my game up a lil bit. I sure would hate to blow up my own state??? :) I know u got a brother so I can take him out as well.

:ss You'll be crying on Friday or Saturday, thats all I have to say.

Hey Sailor, dont laugh too hard. Fuentes can and will cross the border. MUAHAHA:gn

Hey OldSailor this young newbiw has a lot of mouth doesn't he (laughing) oka oka I'm going 2keep my cool (not): Hope u have insurance.
Ps: we shouldn't let the rest of the jungle c us beef don't want them 2think the Michigan Crew is falling. (never that)

Sounds like you had a nice time, good weather, chicken on the grill and burning a Short Story, thats the life.

Short Stories are nice, 5 bucks and your smoking a premium cigar hard to beat.

If you get a chance, try a Best Seller you may like it as well, it's the Short stories bigger brother.

Be carefull Hemingways can be addictive.

Back