New bead container; well modified

ky toker

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Always wondering what I could use to hold beads and last night it hit me. Gerber food jars. Holds an once easily and is small enough to be used in most desk tops. I trashed the lid since it seemed there was still a slight smell from either the food or plastic seal.

Though I didn't want to revamp the layout in my desktop to make this fit, I will be collecting these for a while.

ky toker said:
Always wondering what I could use to hold beads and last night it hit me. Gerber food jars. Holds an once easily and is small enough to be used in most desk tops. I trashed the lid since it seemed there was still a slight smell from either the food or plastic seal.

Though I didn't want to revamp the layout in my desktop to make this fit, I will be collecting these for a while.

Good idea, I have a good supply of both the glass jars and the rectangular plastic containers Gerber came out with around the time my second child was born. Not using the caps from the glass jars is probably a good idea because of the rubbery seal material in the top would hold the odors for awhile but the plastic containers are made of PET plastic I think (same stuff as a soft drink bottle) and don't retain the oder that I can tell. A #1 size one with the lid on and perforated would hold 1-2 oz of beads.

Great idea KY Toker

As a side note, how many flavors of baby food have you tasted yourself? Personally nothing ever when into either of my kids mouth that I didn't taste first :r had to make sure it wasn't too hot ya know.

cmiller said:
the rectangular plastic containers ... perforated would hold 1-2 oz of beads.

As a side note, how many flavors of baby food have you tasted yourself? Personally nothing ever when into either of my kids mouth that I didn't taste first :r had to make sure it wasn't too hot ya know.
Smart move with the plastic containers.

You're a good dad, I haven't tasted any.:r But I trust the ingredients. It is only the mahsed vegies and water. I do usually sniff the food and they smell right on target. So I let him eat his and I warm a steak.

OK, I'll try to be tough about this and try one soon. I'm not doing pees! I'll wait for greenbean or sweet patoto night.

I had a g/f who was literally HOOKED on baby food! It was like a religion to her... she had to at least have 1 - 2 a day.

My stepmom feeds my baby brother all sorts of nasty concoctions. She had like roasted chicken and apples the other day.. wtf is that? Also, the baby cereal/formula type stuff they eat... for the love of all that is holy, don't ever eat it! My stepmom offered me $20 if I'd eat roughly 6 teaspoonfuls of the dry powder. After the first one got all crunched up in my teeth and gave me this nasty sickly sweet flavor, I started gagging... don't do it! It was almost as bad as the time someone told me I couldn't eat a teaspoonful of pure ground cinnamon without puking, and I tried it. I didn't puke, but man, was I in pain... Both of those were actually WORSE than the time I chugged an entire 24 oz bottle of Aunt Jemima.... :r

illuminatus said:
My stepmom feeds my baby brother all sorts of nasty concoctions. She had like roasted chicken and apples the other day.. wtf is that? Also, the baby cereal/formula type stuff they eat... for the love of all that is holy, don't ever eat it! My stepmom offered me $20 if I'd eat roughly 6 teaspoonfuls of the dry powder. After the first one got all crunched up in my teeth and gave me this nasty sickly sweet flavor, I started gagging... don't do it! It was almost as bad as the time someone told me I couldn't eat a teaspoonful of pure ground cinnamon without puking, and I tried it. I didn't puke, but man, was I in pain... Both of those were actually WORSE than the time I chugged an entire 24 oz bottle of Aunt Jemima.... :r

That reminds me of the Jackass where they had to drink a gallon of Egg Nog!!!

BET YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!! :tg

illuminatus said:

Somehow you have an immunity to Darwin's theories.

:r

I took my plasitc humidifier cases and placed a thing of cheese cloth in them and then put the beads in both of them. Great for me because my two humidifiers hang from the lid so no space in the humidor is lost. But, what works for one might not work for the other.

MikeZ said:
Somehow you have an immunity to Darwin's theories.

:r

LMFAO Mike, you're right! I just realized.. I AM INVINCIBLE!!!!! Excuse me while I go stop bullets with my chest! :r

Oh, and to Cameron, all I have to say is WHO?!

cameroncouch02 said:
I took my plasitc humidifier cases and placed a thing of cheese cloth in them and then put the beads in both of them. Great for me because my two humidifiers hang from the lid so no space in the humidor is lost. But, what works for one might not work for the other.

I've done the same in a few desktops and it works great!

I went with the nylon stocking route.. They are cheap and take little space for the desktop humidors..

illuminatus said:

Just further proof that any thread is a possible "Jacked" thread to pick on the Oompa.

Nick, I think I can safely say, I know who the "green headed" stepchild is in this relationship :r . Or, are you just willing to do anything for "cigar money"?

I still prefer nylon stockings/ panty hose tied off. The material allows them to conform to whatever space is available when it gets low in my humi.

Brigit had the Beech Nut brand carrots for lunch today, nasty stuff! Going back to the Gerber, its a lot better.

-Matt-

txmatt said:
I still prefer nylon stockings/ panty hose tied off. The material allows them to conform to whatever space is available when it gets low in my humi.
-Matt-
Probably is the best option.

cameroncouch2 said:
I took my plasitc humidifier cases and placed a thing of cheese cloth in them
smart move.

txmatt said:
I still prefer nylon stockings/ panty hose tied off. The material allows them to conform to whatever space is available when it gets low in my humi

-Matt-
I think I'll be trying that out tonight...;)

I found a tray that was about a foot long and three inches wide, with vents along the side. It is a perfect fit in the bottom of my coolerdor. I put the beads in a nylon and put the tray in the bottom of the coolerdor. I found them in the little Travel and Trial size toiletry section of Target.

I might try the nylon stocking thing tonight, or rummage around for something "space efficient." My wife has been looking for the top of the butter dish for 3 months now. :p

Similar setup here too.

I used kids applesauce/pudding cups along with cheese cloth and nylon stockings and rubber bands.

I originally just had the plastic cups in there with beads. I then figured I'd better cover them just in case they tip over. Thats when I took nylon stockings and a rubber band to create a mesh lid. Works just fine and I feel better knowing that even if the jars tip over, my cigars should be protected.

Back