New Famous 3000s - slight problem

billybarue

Luvin' me some Lagavulin
Talked to Famous a little while ago and was told they have the cigars in and are completing final inventory before they start filling backorders.

There is a little SNAFU though, The torpedos (5.5 x 54) were not rolled as torpedos. My backorder is for Grande Robustos so I assume it will be filled, I should have asked what they plan to do for backorders of the torpedos, and how they will inform the customers?

She did say price would probably stay the same despite the shape screw up, and right now they are trying to figure out what to call it. She suggested to mgt "Super Robusto", but apparently that was shot down. I suggested Toro Chiquito (short) - we'll see how far that gets :gn .

One bit of good news is it sounds like there will be more (another order) in the future. So this might become an established line without always wondering when they will run out.

BillyBarue

I'm glad they got them in at least. I was wondering when they might ship and thought about calling them as well but you beat me to it, I'm looking forward to trying them after reading all the reviews. :z

Since they've brought back the line, would I be correct in assuming they haven't had a chance to be 'aged'? How long do you let something like that site before smoking?

I just spoke with someone from Famous smokeshop who said there was not a problem with the torpedos. I am not saying that the original post is wrong, but now I am confused as to whether there is a problem or not (apparantly there is some confusion at Famous Smokeshop on the issue). I guess everyone will find out when they ship. I ordered some Robustos in case there is a problem with the torpedos.

I have a bundle from before, I was going to order another but I am a Torpedo freak.

Whoever get some Torps let me know if they actually arrive :)

Shawn

Could someone fill me in are these "Famous" house brand cigars that you're talking about, or are you talking Davidoff or Padron etc.?

berk-m said:
Could someone fill me in are these "Famous" house brand cigars that you're talking about, or are you talking Davidoff or Padron etc.?

Famous house blends. A damn good house blend too :) They were thought to be Oliva X once they were not allowed to make them due to their name. But it turns out they are not.

Great smoke non the less, with a little age on them of course.

Shawn

Back