New humi

guinsdan

g u i n s d a n
I have a standard 200 CT filled to the brim and am looking to upgrade. My questions are as follows:

A. Should I get a second humi or bigger humi? I think maintaining one would be better than two...

B. Standard desktop or cabinet/drawer humi? I am intrigued about the cabinet/drawer. If I go with cabinet/drawer will it better to separate by type and strength? Can it improve air circulation and will I get a good seal with doors instead of a lid?

I like the cabinet/drawer...hopefully some vets out there have some insight!

If you would rather just get a bigger one thats fine but it really isn't much more difficult to do too. Plus then you dont have to deal with selling the first one and you can seperate the cigars more if you would like

Don't fall into the trap myself and many others have. Buy bigger than what you think you need....a lot bigger! I started with a desktop, then a bigger desktop, then a bigger desktop and finally went cabinet. Of course my cabinet is full now too ....but I've got some problems. :D
Check my other post HERE

A good cabinet is well worth the investment if you are planning on owning a larger amount of cigars. It's especially nice to be able to keep them in their original boxes for aging...and much like going to your favorite cigar store when you reach for a smoke! If you buy a decent one the seal and circulation will be exellent for keeping your smokes at the correct temp/humidity!

My advice would be to purchase a cabinet. I now have two humis and I'm thinking that a cab would simplify life for me, plus allow me to increase the size of my collection while aging cigars appropriately. Hard to do with the humis.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any recommendations on a cabinet humidor? I am looking for something that will store 200+ loose and 10+ boxes...

If I had it to do over again I'd have reworked a spare bedroom into a cedar-lined walk-in with freezer option. Go big. 500 years from now nobody will be the wiser unless you build it from stone.

Back