new LGC line for 2008...

tchariya

Taters of the Lost Ark
The owner of Bull & Bear (local B&M) went on a business trip to Southern Florida. He visited the Pepin store/factory and right next door was the LGC store/factory. This is where he met the La Gloria Cubana man himself, Ernesto Perez-Carrillo. 'Don't let the picture fool you, he does look mean, but he's a super nice guy and about 5'8"' says the B&M owner.

So he hands me a Pepin blue label stick...a little dry (cap cracked as I whacked it with my Palio) and then some totally new LGC line in a corona size. The LGC label got a re-work. The girl is on there still, but the pose is a bit different. The wrapper was very very light shade of brown;almost a tan, very different from his Serie R maduro and sumatra wrappers. I lit this up to give it a try. I must say, at first I was not at all impressed at what I was tasting, it was a bland smoke to start off. I'm so use to the Serie R 4/7, I was thinking this sucker was going to be heavy bodied. Then about 1/3 down, it really started to pick up. There were some bold tastes of cedar/nutmeg; lots of smoke and very medium bodied. The last third added a sweetness, almost a warm bitter chocolate. I turned to one of the other guys who was also smoking the same sample and commented 'wow did this thing pick up some steam', and he replied 'It sure did get a bit sweeter near the end'.

It was definitely a pleasurable smoke. MUCH MUCH different than the Serie R line. I think Mr. Perez-Carillo has blended himself a possible winner. People expect LGC to be bold in taste, but when they pick up this stick they are going to be suprised that LGC has yet another facet of flavor to enjoy.

I'm not too sure what the name of his new line is going to be. The B&M owner was told to look for it April/May time frame.

Thanks for the heads up. It will be interesting to see what sizes are available when the new line is released to the public, and how our fellow Gorillas receive it...:cb

Thanks Than for the heads up. I might have to keep my eyes open for this guy. Sounds like a fun new smoke to try.

How does it compare with the regular LGC line? The wrapper description seems similar, but the description of taste is a bit off - for example, I don't detect sweetness in the regular line. The LGC corona gorda non-maduro is my favorite. Thanks for the heads-up.

How does it compare with the regular LGC line? The wrapper description seems similar, but the description of taste is a bit off - for example, I don't detect sweetness in the regular line. The LGC corona gorda non-maduro is my favorite. Thanks for the heads-up.

good question. I usually grab Serie R 100% of the time because of the full bodied type of taste that I gravitate to. I'll have to grab a similar regular LGC and compare since I still have the thought of the taste of the new line still in my mind. Will report asaic.

Yes he does look mean, untill you talk to him. Super nice guy. I met him last March when I was in a cigar rolling class/demo at the LGC booth, lots of fun. I did not win though....

good question. I usually grab Serie R 100% of the time because of the full bodied type of taste that I gravitate to. I'll have to grab a similar regular LGC and compare since I still have the thought of the taste of the new line still in my mind. Will report asaic.

Appreciate that. I really like the regular LGC corona gordas. While I smoke the Serie R from time to time, I find it's not as much to my liking. The new blend sounds very nice, though. Thx.

Back