New Lighter and an education

guy g

Gorilla
Got a new lighter from my B&M today. It has no markings on it or the nice gift box it came with. Will research that more. There are two models.. one has three flames and one punch and the other has two flames and two punches. $20. Works great!!!
The lesson.. I was told to use only triple filtered butane, not Ronson fuel from Wally World and that they quit selling Colibri because of the Altitude of all things. Found it very interesting..

Last edited:
Sounds like a Tiger. Very popular item for the retailer. They work well, not too expensive and have a high margin.

I just tried to call them. I forgot they close at 4pm.Will check on Monday. I'm very pleased so far. Model on box say 99-19.

Got a new lighter from my B&M today. It has no markings on it or the nice gift box it came with. Will research that more. There are two models.. one has three flames and one punch and the other has two flames and two punches. $20. Works great!!!
The lesson.. I was told to use only triple filtered butane, not Ronson fuel from Wally World and that they quit selling Colibri because of the Altitude of all things. Found it very interesting..

It only stands to reason that we would want to use the best fuel we could get - because after all, we're inhaling the residual by-products of that fuel!

If the fuel has mass impurities and imparts those to our fine cigars, it's bad for our health as well as affecting the flavor of the tobacco.

Ok.. called B&M about the lighter. They said it was a generic lighter which was a knockoff of a more expensive one. They said they have had very good luck with them.

We are missing a pic of the lighter here..

It sounds like a copy of the Colibri Oscar? 2 flames...two punches...art deco like design?

I'm looking for a single flame/2 punch original Colibri Oscar from about 3 years back. Colibri contstruction these days blows. no Quality Control or something.

Good idea. I left the light in my truck. My wife said we can photo it in the morning when I leave.

Here is a picture of the lighter and my Sebenza (for size reference) - handle is 3 1/2 inches long. Enjoy!

My B&M keeps it on display behind the counter. I'm also thinking about trying a better Zippo fluid to see if there is any difference.

Back