New Member Thanks & Questions re: Hygrometers and Humidifica

B

Buntified

New Member Thanks & Questions re: Hygrometers and Humidifica

Just wanted to take a minute and thank all of you for the great information and reviews that are provided on this site. I have been smoking cigars for 2 years now and am still learning new things everyday on this site! I have 2 packed humidors that I am trying to maintain and the humidity has been fluctuating like crazy. I am using the hardware supplied with the humidors and I think I better invest in some decent equipment. Suggestions are welcome!

Also, any suggestions for good flavorful Maduros are welcome.
I love Hoyo de Monterey Excalibur 1066, but am looking for other favorites to keep in my humidor.

Thanks again!

Sicerely,
Buntified

RE: New Member Thanks & Questions re: Hygrometers and Humidi

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Dec-04-02 AT 03:19 PM (CDT)]You can get an active unit (http://www.cigaroasis.com/) which will regulate the RH and add when needed or you can use a 50/50 water-propylene glycol mix in your current device which keeps it at around 70%.

As far as a hyrgometer, though analogs look better (in my opinion) digital are much more accurate.

For Maduros, I love the CAO Maduros....other good ones to try out are Padron Anniv as well as regular Padrons (the A size Magnum Maduro). Ive also been smoking Sancho Panzas Maduros. They are a good cigar for the price. There are many more out there, but half the fun is finding them yourself (yes thats an excuse for my laziness...but Im sick):D

If you'd like a relatively mild smoke, I like the El Rey del Mundo Robusto Larga. It's a very dark, oscuro wrapper with an enjoyable flavor. I used to think it packed some punch, but I guess I've been smoking too long. ;)

Enjoy,
Don

Welcome-Any question you have about cigars can be answered on this site by the LLG except one. And that is what YOU like. Order sampler packs and try the recommendations that people give you. Then over time you will have your favorites. But they may change as your cigars age or new years are produced.

Remember its a wonderful Journey not a Destination.

Drrgill

Remember its a wonderful Journey not a Destination.

Great line!!! Welcome to the club.

welcome to the club... unlike edisonbird, i think it's more like a stochastic process than a journey...

Welcome to Club Stogie! I'd go with the diamond crown passive or the Oasis active numdification devices. Keep in mind that the humidity in the air is fluctuating greatly these days with the up and down of the temperature and cold. This can affect your hunidor, too, especially if the seal is not the best and/or if you open the humidor a lot.

Buntified,

Ditto with jsl's comments.

Welocme to the land of the Lowland Gorillas.

... rjs

Welcome
As far as humidification I use JJ70 great stuff you can get it at www.jj70.com As far as maduro's go I like the Hoyo Prensado, Padron pretty much all of them. The list can go on and on as everyone else said just buy and try.

ditto the note on the hygrometer... your humidor probably came with a cheapo that should be replaced, and you can get a digital for a reasonable price. i'm sure it's the hygro that's fluctuating and not the humidity.

Thanks for all the help! I will look into purchasing some new hardware after the holidays ( or put it on my wish list). Thanks again for all your suggestions.

Sincerely,

Buntified

P.S. I am taking a poll on best RH devices. Look for the post soon!

Back