New Neighbor hates my cigar smoking

pro2625

Cigars, Guns, and Booze
So I lived in the same apartments in anaheim going on 4 years. My fiancee and I have seen neighbors come and go...

About a month ago a new neighbor moves in the apartment above us and everytime I go to light up a stogie and start smoking it they will slam their glass sliding door shut and all their windows too.

The funniest thing about it is they will re open the sliding door to see if they can still smell smoke many times while Im smoking (usually an hour or two) and if they still smell smoke they will slam the door shut again. :r

Anyone else have problems like this with neighbors or other people in general?

So I lived in the same apartments in anaheim going on 4 years. My fiancee and I have seen neighbors come and go...

About a month ago a new neighbor moves in the apartment above us and everytime I go to light up a stogie and start smoking it they will slam their glass sliding door shut and all their windows too.

The funniest thing about it is they will re open the sliding door to see if they can still smell smoke many times while Im smoking (usually an hour or two) and if they still smell smoke they will slam the door shut again. :r

Yup, My up stairs neighbors complain to the board about me, I was going to have a herf on my patio but that idea was killed due to complaints. They really cant stop me from smoking or having a herf I just dont want to deal with the board breathing down my neck about it.

:r Actually its kind of funny. You should just say 'Nope not done yet' when they open the door to see if they can still smell it. :r

Ah, the problems of apartment living.....

Sorry the guy has his knickers in a knot over your smoking. Just smoke more, and eventually, he'll get over it. :ss

if they are opening the door while you're still smoking and they obvisouly now it...just invite them to smoke..I'm sure they want to..:r

You know, I have little respect for people such as your neighbors. If they can't approach you in a civilized/mature fashion to discuss their issue - f*ck 'em. I went through the same thing with my neighbors years ago. In my particular case it was about my loud music. Instead of coming to my place to discuss it, or even mention it in passing, they chose to slam all their damn doors at 5AM when the guy got up for work. That was both childish and pointless - unbeknownst to them I got up at 4AM and worked on the PC from home, no bother at all to me. Had they chosen to talk to me about it things would have been different. I'd do my best to respect them and also let them know that from time to time I like to crank it and if they are in a particular mood where they don't want to hear it, I would gladly turn it down.

My advise to you, ignore them. Don't bring the issue to them - play dumb and let them bring it to you.

What Donnie said. If they want to act like neighbors, come down and talk to you in a civilized fashion, maybe there'd be something you could do about it for them (though what, I don't know for sure). But if they want to sequester themselves away upstairs and act childish about it all ... well it's not really your problem.

I would keep smoking and not worry about what they think. You have a right to smoke.

I wish it weren't true, but in many places (not sure about Anaheim) it IS against the law to smoke on your own patio if there are people above you. This "right to smoke" is going bye bye at every turn.

when i lived in cali i remember they were trying to pass a law to make it illegal to smoke at your own house. "to protect non smoking neighbors" people are stupid. If i stilled lived out there i would be over for a herf in a jif. :pp

Last edited:
i would just let the board now if you cant smoke outside youll have to move it inside. im sure they would love to try and rent a place after that.

I have a similar issue with my new neighbor. They moved into the house next to ours last summer. I've heard them make some smart a** comments when I'm outside enjoying a good cigar. The thing is, he smokes cigarettes and I've never made any comments because I figure he can do whatever he wants on his property, but then he starts putting down the smell of cigars....Just makes me want to :ss and blow it his way even more....:D

when i lived in cali i remember they were trying to pass a law to make it illegal to smoke at your own house. "to protect non smoking neighbors" people are gay. If i stilled lived out there i would be over for a herf in a jif. :pp

Any particular reason you choose to slam people who are gay?

Just so you know, that $hit don't fly here.

Back