New Nibo Lighters

txmatt

Still Smitty's biotch!
I am a big lighter nut, I own way more than I can use. My Blazer PB-207 torch lighter is hands down the best lighter I have ever used, however I still get the urge to buy prettier lighters now and then.
I have 3 Nibo lighters now (Space 6, Royal 44, VIP1) and they have all served me well. If you want a lighter that looks and performs well but you won't fret losing; Nibo lighters fit the bill.

I noticed Nibo brought out some new lighters since I last checked their site, pics of the ones I like are below - enjoy...

-Matt-

mja26o.gif

mja2q9.gif

mja32b.gif

mja4iq.gif

mja4p0.gif

Here are the 3 I own, in order Space 6, Royal 44, and VIP 1 (all in the color I have).

mjab9k.gif

mjab9z.gif

mjac6p.gif

what do ya think of that VIP? I think they look pretty sweet, and I like the design. Don't know how much they cost though, or if they're worth it. Thoughts?

My Royal 44 is the best lighter I've ever had and the only lighter I didnt end up returning. Had it about 6 months with no problems. I sell these things at work like hotcakes!

Got my VIP1 for $20. Its a great flint lighter and the looks are a shameless copy of the Dupont Ligne.

I spent $55 orn a Vector Emporer flight lighter for its "3 opening broad flame" and the VIP1 produces a much bigger flame (up to 3" high) with its one opening.

Only complaint is is sucks up fluid quickly - however I could turn the flame down some to solve that I am sure.

-Matt-

matt, do you own the "old boy" style lighter?
it's right under the camo lighters in the 1st post.
those are used for pipes with a built in tamper on the bottom

I own the "Space" and love it. Got it for 6.00, and beats many lighters I paid much more for.

IHT said:
matt, do you own the "old boy" style lighter?
it's right under the camo lighters in the 1st post.
those are used for pipes with a built in tamper on the bottom

No I don't, but that is one of their newer ones I really like.. Just as they ripped off the DuPont Ligne with the VIP; they shamelessly copied the Corona Old Boy; it does even have the built in tamper.

txmatt said:
No I don't, but that is one of their newer ones I really like.. Just as they ripped off the DuPont Ligne with the VIP; they shamelessly copied the Corona Old Boy; it does even have the built in tamper.
yep, i've been eyeballing them on ebay for about $15 or less.
my neighbor has a colibri corona old boy, he paid $90+ for his, works great.

i'd rather pay $15 though, if i can get 50% of the reliability out of it, compared to the other...

IHT said:
yep, i've been eyeballing them on ebay for about $15 or less.
my neighbor has a colibri corona old boy, he paid $90+ for his, works great.

i'd rather pay $15 though, if i can get 50% of the reliability out of it, compared to the other...

I read somewhere a few weeks ago (I forget where) that compared to the Corona it is harder to strike. Replacing the flint with a higher quality one helps according to that post.

I have only the VIP1 flint lighter to compare it to; I have no problem opening, striking, and closing it 1 handed; if it is anything like the VIP1, it will be fine.

I have the VIP and the Space but am also curious about the Old Boy style. I have a Corona and absolutely love it. If the Nibo comes close, I would certainly get it to have as a backup,

I like those classic looking ones (like the first lighters of the 30's--or was it the 40's?) but I bet they're a flicker flame.

I liked my shotgun shell torch lighter. Tacky, but pretty badass that it looked exactly like a shotgun shell. Too bad it was shit.

croatan said:
I have the VIP and the Space but am also curious about the Old Boy style. I have a Corona and absolutely love it. If the Nibo comes close, I would certainly get it to have as a backup,
when i get one, i'll let you know how they work.

I just ordered a 2 of the space lighters for $6.00 each too good of a deal to pass up...hope they hold up...might have to get a couple of the royal 55, I like the " reptile skin " finish ...great looking lighters. Thanks Matt

I had the Space , would have been easier to just burn the $20.00 I paid for it . Now I see they sell for $6.00 , :sb . Never again will I buy a lighter at a Flee Market !

txmatt said:
Here are the 3 I own, in order Space 6, Royal 44, and VIP 1 (all in the color I have).

mjab9k.gif

mjab9z.gif

I have those too... the space runs like a champ but the other doesn't at all... bought them at BH and I am sure they would have taken care of the bad one but I was too lazy and never did anything about it :hn

Anybody ever get a little irritated that sometimes the triple flame is too wide for the cigar? I think I am beginning to like single flames more these days. Then again... my good old Zippo (no insert) is my favorite... I'm a Techno geek with most things but a retro dude with lighters sometimes :u

Dose anyone have the Royal 42? If so dose it do a good job. I like the way it looks, might have to check into getting one of those.

Back