New punch cutter?

dyj48

Lowland Gorilla
So my sister goes to France...ahem, I ask...howz bout picking me up a couple of seegars, dear sis? She sez...well, I dunno, aren't they illegal? Well, I say, you can take the bands off and all I want are a couple of em...so she and her husband goes to where they make frys (she tells me it's frites in french). Anyhoo, I come back from Belize and she comes back from France and gives me this!!!!

It's a small box...I sez..it's too small to be seegars....I wanted seegars!!! She sez "it's illegal"!!! I sez, Hey I'm your bro!!! You can take some risks for your bro!! She sez "up yours"..not a very sisterly thing to do....so I asks what iz it?

She sez, open it, stupid and stop asking questions...so I open it, thinking it might be a nice colibri or something like that and it's three perfume bottles!!! or is it?

Well, no, it's a cutter system..never saw anything like em..all I ever use are Havana Cutters and they're great...so I try em...not bad...interesting...works well..

Just insert cigar tip into appropriate size, twist a couple of times gently, push the plunger on the tip, the cut cap pushes in and then as the cutter is extracted from the cigar, it takes the cap with it as illustrated.

She wouldn't tell me how much they cost...but it looks kinda expensive, looks like aluminum and has a bit of a heft to it's weight. Anyone seen anything like it? The label sez "Sergio Linea". Here's some pics attached....I'll attach a couple more in another post since I can only upload two for each post....

Last edited:
Wow, that is the first Punch I have seen that looks like it will do a reasonable job. It looks like a good straight cut. Does it work well on Torpedoes? I am glad I fought through the silly spelling to read the whole post.

--
Erik

looks good-googling "sergio linea", "linea cigar cutters" "french cigar cutters" "france sergio linea" etc brings up nothing so ive got no info on the punch itself lol

The Bruce said:
Wow, that is the first Punch I have seen that looks like it will do a reasonable job. It looks like a good straight cut. Does it work well on Torpedoes? I am glad I fought through the silly spelling to read the whole post.

--
Erik

Yea...just making fun with the spelling, but most punch cutters don't work with torpedos..so it wouldn't work with that

Baric said:
looks good-googling "sergio linea", "linea cigar cutters" "french cigar cutters" "france sergio linea" etc brings up nothing so ive got no info on the punch itself lol

yea, it's kind of weird, I tried googling as well and couldn't find anything, but it seems to work really well, a perfect punch and extraction the few times I've tried it, the only thing is you have to be gentle in twisting the cigar into it but it works...

I have a Vector punch cutter that I keep on my key chain. I love it and it is always there in case a cigar pops up and is offered to me unexpectedly.

Nice punch.

That looks great. I always use a punch cutter, the one I have now is part of my blazer lighter. That one looks better. I also like the one from xikar.

Last edited:
thats nice, even if you just had them in your smoking chambers next to your other accessories.

i use a xikar 2 piece with sharpener. some cigars are great with a punch but if they arent... then you just break out the cutter and fix the problem.

Back