New sticky warning request

bigkev77

Conservative Stud
There should be a warning about cbid aka devil site stickied here for us newbs. I bid on almost everything still at a reasonable price. It's downhill from here. I bid on several boxes of Indian tabac Nonperelli and super fuerte. As well as some 5 Vegas series A, classics, and golds. Hope those are decent sticks. Man I got to go abck and look for a good deal on a humidor.....GOTTA GO!!:tu

I eschew C-bid. It is the work of Satan, and I goeth there not, for to enter those portals is to be damned to eternal torment. :)

skip the humidor.... get a cooler.. youll thank me in a week or 2
'

I think you are right. I am going to need something bigger than a desktop humi and I just remembered a Footjoy igloo cooler I used for a display in the proshop so I just need the odds and ends now. The newb excitement has pulled me in.

Yep, I know how you feel man....first it was a Wassergass 3-finger case, then some Indian Tabac Super Fuertes (I was probably competing with you on that one), and now a small Walnut Burl Humidor.

The devil site earns it's name for good reason :)

The biggest problem with being a newb and finding C-Bid is that your still in the stage of wanting to try everything and you bid on everything and anything. The problem occurs when you develop a taste for a certain profile and chances are you have a bunch of crap that you will probably have no intention or desire of smoking. My only advice for a newb is to stay away from bidding on boxes unless you absolutely believe you will enjoy them for the long haul. Stick to 5ers and samplers unless you want a large inventory of stuff that will never get smoked.

This week will be tough on my pocketbook also. BUt, since I am working a bunch of overtime, I feel I can splurge a little.

The biggest problem with being a newb and finding C-Bid is that your still in the stage of wanting to try everything and you bid on everything and anything. The problem occurs when you develop a taste for a certain profile and chances are you have a bunch of crap that you will probably have no intention or desire of smoking. My only advice for a newb is to stay away from bidding on boxes unless you absolutely believe you will enjoy them for the long haul. Stick to 5ers and samplers unless you want a large inventory of stuff that will never get smoked.

I wish I would have gotten that advice last night. Hopefully I will be outbid on the boxes. On a super tight budget and need to stick to the 5pacs and samplers to find what I like.

Back