New Vinotemps Set-up!

mtb996

Gorilla
Well, I have finally broken down and decided to go down the Vinotemp route. The wife was getting real sick of the huge cooler sitting on the floor of the office. She wanted it moved upstairs into the bonus room, but it is hotter up there, hence...Vinotemp time. My biggest fear is the overflowing 165qt cooler and will it all fit?????

Current 165qt cooler.
cooler.jpg

So, after getting the Vinotemps, I studied the sticky in this forum as well as several other posts! THANKS for the great info on here:tu

I pulled the drain (big pain in the a$$ by the way - basically pulled the drain out using pliers from both inside and outside the vino). I am using a PC fan in each unit, powered by a 6V DC power supply (I'm a pack rat and have a few of these laying around the house). I found that this voltage, with these fans work best. Using 9V or 12V seemed like way too much airflow, but we'll see once its loaded. I can always just change out the power supply later.

After running the wires for the fan, I siliconed the hole. I also made a drain catch just like the sticky post to catch any residual moisture. I mounted the fan on one of the wire shelves with it blowing upward.

bottomshelf.jpg

Also, I am using a simple timer to run the fan 15 minutes every 2 hours.

timer.jpg

I bought some cedar planks from woodcraft (for way too much money!). I tried to find some locally, but while their BF price was lower, they only had 1" and 2" boards. So, bought some 1/4 and 3/8 boards from woodcraft and made shelves. I really wanted to make the cool slots, but I do not have a router, so I made simple holes. I will make final placement on the shelves once I get my beads (should arrive early next week) and the Vino stabilizes and I start putting in the boxes.

frontopen.jpg

Still haven't decided on trays for singles yet. I am very scared about fitting all the boxes in, so if/when I get them all in and settled, I'll deal with the singles. Most likely I'll end up with using empty boxes for singles, or use a desktop humi that I have laying around (I have 2 more desktops that I currently use for cheaper bundled smokes - Connies, Famous 3000s, etc.)

Here's a couple more photos of the Vino's in their new home. Enjoy. Please let me know any questions on doing this. It was pretty easy, especially given all the great advice on here!!!

sidebyside.jpg

gameroom1.jpg

gameroom2.jpg

Now, my cigars will be right next to their alcohol counterparts.

scotch.jpg

stdbarback.jpg

If you keep winning the Taboo contests you may need a third. However, if the free Twists orphan any P2s or Gols I'll adopt them:cb.

Nice high-tech fans.

PS. I had a Monty#2 of questionable authenticity and a likely real D4 in the hotel lounge this weekend. Nothing exotic yet.

Woooo two vinotemp's I only have one. Im envious and yet happy for you and I see you have a bottle of Gentlemen Jack, my favorite!

What an awesome game room / mancave. When I get around to the addition on my house I'm gonna have something real similar. For now, you're my hero.
:tu

thanks for the compliments guys:tu

The unfortunant reality is the bonus room gets very little use. My twin 2year old's room is right next to it, so the noise of the pool table or anything else after they go to bed is a no-no. Additionally, I'd be living in the car if my wife caught me smoking in there...

OIh well, 16 more years and the boys will be off to college and I can finally enjoy the room.

thanks for the compliments guys:tu

The unfortunant reality is the bonus room gets very little use. My twin 2year old's room is right next to it, so the noise of the pool table or anything else after they go to bed is a no-no. Additionally, I'd be living in the car if my wife caught me smoking in there...

OIh well, 16 more years and the boys will be off to college and I can finally enjoy the room.
Hearos_ExtremeEarPlugs.jpg

You're welcome!
:tu

I have a question about the fan blowing up...what are your thoughts on directing the air down instead of up? The floor and walls would direct the air up and create a circular air flow.

The one thing I worry about directing the air up would be drying out the cigars directly above the fan.

I have a question about the fan blowing up...what are your thoughts on directing the air down instead of up? The floor and walls would direct the air up and create a circular air flow.

The one thing I worry about directing the air up would be drying out the cigars directly above the fan.

I have thought about this too. I'm looking at installing a fan that blows on the back wall to help prevent condensation and increase airflow.

I have thought about this too. I'm looking at installing a fan that blows on the back wall to help prevent condensation and increase airflow.

Thats a great idea...I am going to do mine that way this week, I was thinking about putting it in the same place he has his....but pointing down....but I like this idea better.

Back