New Zippo Fluid....anyone use?

jgros001

Alpha Silverback
http://zippocasemuseum.com/index.as...ctid=416&directoryid=+110&ctrl=productdetails

Zippo is proud to introduce our new formula fuel with improved performance; we call it “Cool Fuel.” It burns cleaner and lights faster, but the most noticeable aspect is the reduced odor. This is a great benefit to hunters who want to keep man-made scents to a minimum. Also, some cigar smokers felt that the old Zippo fuel imparted an aftertaste that detracted from the flavor of the cigar. The new fuel is hardly detectible!

So, has anyone used this new fuel and can comment on the odor...or lack thereof?

Zippos are necessary in some situations so its inevitable to have one handy. But if you ever use one to light a cigar you need to let it burn for a few seconds. Regardless of the fuel. I have that stuff right now, and it seems alright.

Two advantages of a butane torch over a Zippo.

1) You can use it to ignite the foot without having to suck the flame into the body of the cigar.

2) It does not burn with that black oily smoke.

Why would you want to use anything else?--except, maybe, for a cedar spill.

I really like the Blazer Z-Plus Zippo Insert. Just my $0.02 :2

Works really well, and you keep the Zippo styling :tu

Definately--it's my only torch, and I love it! It cost me $12, and turned my Zippo into everything we've wanted it to be. It ain't no DuPont, but for a fraction of the price, it gets the job done.

:tu

i just picked up a z-plus insert. anyone else need to click it two times to get the torch to get going? i suspect that the ignition system goes off before the butane is released so thats why it lights on the second click.

I use the same set up. It's the best torch I have ever used. Things been solid and super reliable. If it ever dies I'm getting another one.
Lethal, Mine always starts on the first click. If yours is giving you a hard time I would try purging it and if that does not fix it, I would try seeing if you could exchange it since you said you just picked it up.

i just picked up a z-plus insert. anyone else need to click it two times to get the torch to get going? i suspect that the ignition system goes off before the butane is released so thats why it lights on the second click.

you may also have debris near the peizo, try blowing it out with a can of compressed air, pocket lint, hair, dust, whoe knows what might be there.

Let us know how you like the Thunderbird. I just ordered the Blazer Z-Plus Insert for my old zippo (and a Palio cutter finally!) from cigarmony.com. Never had a torch before so I'm looking forward to it.

-J

Let us know how you like the Thunderbird. I just ordered the Blazer Z-Plus Insert for my old zippo (and a Palio cutter finally!) from cigarmony.com. Never had a torch before so I'm looking forward to it.

-J
I really like it...seems to go through fuel slower than the Zplus...and heavier...feels like a normal zippo but with butane.

Glad to hear its working well for you! In all these solutions, its just great to know that you can break out the old zippo and use it again, instead of just letting it sit in the drawer gathering dust.

what exactly is a windproof soft flame? i guess it stays lit better in windy conditions? ok, so you end up with a dancing flame, and that is supposed to be better?

i also like the z-plus insert, although as mentioned the quality on those can be sporadic, i had to exchange the first one as it had some issues, but i've been very happy with the replacement. if you buy local make sure you try before you buy.

Finally found the best of both worlds....zippo wind resistant soft flame and the beauty of butane....the Vector Thunderbird....plus the insert is removable so you can put it in your favorite zippo.

http://www.vectorkgm.com/homepage.html

Got mine here: http://www.pipeshop.com/Thunderbird-Collection-C685.aspx

Take a look at the lighter with a cigar through the cutter on the right--maybe it's just me, but it looks as though the cutter is just a little beyond the cap :hn .

i also like the z-plus insert, although as mentioned the quality on those can be sporadic, i had to exchange the first one as it had some issues, but i've been very happy with the replacement. if you buy local make sure you try before you buy.

Curious to know what issues you had with your first insert. I ordered mine from cigarmony.com. They shipped very fast. Ordered wed night, shipped thurs morning, got it today (sat). My zippo is a Nat Sherman Zippo given to me many years ago as a b-day present. Not sure if all zippos are the same dimensions but my z-plus insert was slightly smaller than the original zippo unit so I did experience some problems. Too much jiggle room so when I tried to close the zippo, the whole unit would push up and it wouldnt close. Anyway, the quick solution was to wrap a folded up post-it note around the base of the insert and slide it into the case. Nice tight fit now. :tu Anyone else experience this with their unit? Everything else is fine, and I'm happy I can carry my zippo around again.

Curious to know what issues you had with your first insert. I ordered mine from cigarmony.com. They shipped very fast. Ordered wed night, shipped thurs morning, got it today (sat). My zippo is a Nat Sherman Zippo given to me many years ago as a b-day present. Not sure if all zippos are the same dimensions but my z-plus insert was slightly smaller than the original zippo unit so I did experience some problems. Too much jiggle room so when I tried to close the zippo, the whole unit would push up and it wouldnt close. Anyway, the quick solution was to wrap a folded up post-it note around the base of the insert and slide it into the case. Nice tight fit now. :tu Anyone else experience this with their unit? Everything else is fine, and I'm happy I can carry my zippo around again.

i had a problem with the torch staying lit a about a second or so after releasing the trigger, as if the mechanical internals were off a little or something

i think the zippos come in different sizes, but as far as i know the z-plus only fits the "standard" sized zippo. maybe your housing is a little bigger than normal, or perhaps the "standard" size was bigger back then

Back