newbie question - Grow, Roll, Smoke

r-ice

Lowland Gorilla
Hi, Just wondering has anyone tried growing a few plants? Rolling the cigars and enjoying them afterwards? I have tried to search this on the forums for homemade/self rolled/home grown with little to no success. I happen to enjoy making my own things ie. Wine, beef jerky, dehydrated items. I was curious as to if anyone has tried to grow and roll? Or if it is even legal in Toronto, Ontario. I know with wine you are allowed a certain amount before it becomes illegal without a permit.

Mind you I want to add I am not looking for a cheap way out or anything but i find it would be an accomplishment if you were able to make it yourself and it turns out well. You can turn around to your friends and say yah i made that hehe just like my wine

That's actually an interesting question. When you look at the time, cost, and trouble the commercial tobacco growers go through, I think it would explain why very few people grow their own. I think it would be particularly difficult in Canada since tobacco is such a sun-loving plant. You would have to have a green house or grow them under artificial light (very expensive).

My wife is a horticulturist, and she says that she has never seen tobacco seeds or plants for sale, but they must be available commerically for tobacco growers. Considering all that's involved, your best bet is to "leave" it (sorry for the pun) to the pros.

Last edited:
Please refer to my post and the 2 threads I included...The pics are amazing. tzaddi has had a few posts about growing and taking care of the plants. Its not something I would try but there are a few here that do for fun.

Shawn

Back