Newbie Rev. Fittipaldi Monza

goatfarmer

ChestBeater
Initially, had reservations, 'newbie' reviewing an obscure brand cigar some race car had named after him. Had an urge to randomly select 2-3 brands of cigars I had not tried before; thus, Fittipaldi Monza Robusto, a Dominican Cigar, dominican binder and filler, with camaroon wrapper. Lit one up as soon as the 5er arrived. Found it well constructed, very good draw, no burn problem, and good aroma. New at attempting to describe a cigars flavor but it seemed to start out with a mild enjoyable pepper/musk flavor that improved in flavor and strength as I went along. Tapped the ash at around the 1/3rd point and it continued to burn evenly down to the nub, enjoyed from beginning to end. Perhaps, not one I would place at the top of my most favorites list, but IMHO, for a $3-$4 cigar I found it above average. Anyhow, thought I would mention in event a member should come across a deal, may want to pull the trigger on a couple and givem a try. Looking forward to sampling another after they rest in humi couple days, along with a few Carlos Torant's, and Gurkha Master Selects I have never tried before, yummmy:ss

Sorry, mispoke,:hn the review was on the Fittipaldi Monza, Emmo Series, however, paid $6.50. The price noted in the thread was for the Fittipaldi, Gold series, which runs between $4-$5. Purchased them thru 'Cigar World, 'Cheaper Cigars' carries the 'Gold' series, currently out of stock and don't expect another shipment soon. Intend sampling couple more, if as good as the first, likely pick up more.

Apparently Emerson F. was an avid cigar smoker and when he retired in 79 teamed up with cigar maker Augusto Reyes. Never heard of the cigar before and decided to give them a try. Difficult to come by in U.S., more common in EU.

These cigars have been out at least a couple years, a local B/M carried them at one time, It's been quite awhile since I've smoked one, but I did smoke several when they were available.. I enjoyed them.

race cars and cigars, come on... I mean how cool is that. :z

Back