Newbie Review - God of Fire by Don Carlos - 2005 - Gifted by Silverfox

JE3146

Jordan #2
[FONT=&quot]I will start by thanking Shawn for this wonderful experience and opportunity. These cigars aren't easy to come by, thus why it was simply a 'wish' for me, and not some spontaneous purchase off CBid.

I told him when I received this that I wasn't going to save it for a special occasion, but rather just enjoy it. Oddly enough a special occasion presented itself on the very night I planned to enjoy it. For those that know me, I had a turn of events in college tonight that was life changing. My future will be brighter from here on out, and I can safely sleep at night knowing I have a good chance at graduating with my degree. For those that don't know the story, I'll just leave it with saying.... Bureaucratic nonsense runs rampid in the collegiate system. It isn't fair. But tonight it was made clear that it will be fair for me in the near future. I made my mistakes, and I have to live with them. I learned from them, and I grew from them. This change in policy allows me to leave my mistakes behind me, rather than condemn me for them. (This has to do with GPA).

But anyways. Tonight was a good night. One I could look back on 10 years from now and not forget a single moment. This cigar helped single out this moment in my history as one of the best of the past 5 years.

I began with this.

GOF-1.jpg

A typical cut, toast, and light. Paired with a cheap cognac (I'm a college student after all). The Game of Life (how appropriate :D ) and my wonderful and beautiful fiance who has stuck by me through thick and thin for 5 years of my life.

GOF-2.jpg

GOF-3.jpg

Now the first few bits of the cigar was a little bitter, little harsh. I was warned by Silverfox that this might be the case, so I kept it cool as I slowly went through it. I wish I could say the game was going better for me, but it wasn't lol. For those who have played the game of life.. you can laugh with me when I say... BULL#*$ :D

GOF-5.jpg

GOF-4.jpg

At about this next point. A wonderful flavor started to emerge. Something smooth, tastey, and unforgettable. I couldn't pinpoint it, but honestly I didn't care. If I ever run into this taste again, I'll simply call it God of Fire. It had a typical AF spice lingering in the aftertaste, but very different overall from anything I've had.

GOF-6.jpg

At about the first ash, the bitterness crept back, so I attributed it to being a little hot with the wind outside, so I slowed down a bit, and it went away.

GOF-7.jpg

Notice the perfect burn. This perfect burn continued throughout the entire cigar. Not a single issue, even with the wind. Draw was consistent and perfect as well.

The bitterness subsided and I even caught a break in the game.

GOF-8.jpg
[/FONT]

I got to trade Salary cards with my fiance :r.

Woo! raking in the money now.

GOF-9.jpg

But in my haste of celebration, I realized the devil woman stole my cigar.

GOF-10.jpg

Her dainty little puffs revealed an unforgettable smile, as she too enjoyed this wonderful cigar.

Sadly my luck with spinning the wheel nearly vanished as I rolled 1's for about 5 turns in a row. So where I started at the blue trade a salary section, even after 4-5 turns I had yet to have a payday with my newly stolen salary card. My fiance gladly pointed out my misfortune :r

GOF-11.jpg

So the game ended shortly there after as she finished, and I continued getting crap spins, and she won the game. Though one of my Life tiles was really amusing.

GOF-12.jpg

The flavor continued. It seemed to be continuous and consistent with the hint of spice lingering in the background, though it continuously crept more predominant as the cigar progressed on.

GOF-13.jpg

And as with all good things, they must come to an end.

GOF-14.jpg

We sat there and talked about our future together, and discussed possible locations of our wedding as I nubbed the cigar. It was the end of a great moment, as we were planning the beginning of another great moment.

I can honestly say I don't have a developed palet, I can't label flavors that well, and if you gave me a blind taste test, I would be more wrong than right, but what I can say is I did enjoy this cigar. I would rate it as the best cigar I've had to date and I enjoyed it at about the best moment I've had to date since starting cigars. To top it off I enjoyed it with the woman I love on a nice chilly 50 degree Oregon night on our secluded porch.

My verdict? A+

GOF-15.jpg

Thankyou Shawn. I wish I could express my gratitude more, but unfortunately a simple thankyou will have to suffice :ss....

for now...

K.. well my photo server went down for maintenance right after posting this... it'll be back up at 8am.

So until then.... use your imagination lol

Nice review, pics., and story! Everything will work out in your life, so don't ever worry about it! Enjoy your future & May God bless you throughout your endeavors!

:tu

A review like that makes me want to send you a whole box. I am so glad you had the experience you did with the GOF Jordan. Thatyou enjoyed it the way you did and shared with us.

Thank you for the review and the moment in you life.

Shawn

That was a cool review, Jordan. Felt like I was sitting there, watching, listening. Very well put together. :tu:tu

Glad the GoF smoked well for you, its a highly strung smoke that needs full attention. :D

Nice review, I like the twist of adding the game in it. This cigar is well out of my price range. Sounds good though.

Thanks

A review like that makes me want to send you a whole box. I am so glad you had the experience you did with the GOF Jordan. Thatyou enjoyed it the way you did and shared with us.

Thank you for the review and the moment in you life.

Shawn

LOL don't get carried away shawn.... my cooler is full enough :ss

Glad you enjoyed the review and thanks to all for the nice comments.

Back