Newbie Review: Montecristo No. 4

webjunkie

ChestBeater
Hey, just had my first Montecristo, and I know that I'm a newbie and I know that it has probably be done before, but I felt inspired. Feel free to take me out behind the shed and hit me with a 2x4, but here I go.

The prelight draw was quite good, I could get a nice amount of air to come through the cigar.

It lit very well, a bit uneven at first (probably my newbish fault) but that took care of itself really quickly.

At first it was a bit harsh and had a distinct bite to it. Only lasted for a few minutes, and after that the cigar had a very mellow flavor to it. I would describe it as slightly earthy, but very enjoyable.

As I got into the body of the cigar the flavor became a bit stronger, but still quite mellow. Somewhere around mild, but very mellow. To my surprise the flavor lasted the entirey of the cigar. The second half became a tad harsh, but I have to admit I only bought the cigar a couple of days ago during a visit to the JR in Burlington, NC.

I'm not sure how important these two aspects are, but the density of the smoke was impressive, and even down to the nub was quite consistent. I didn't ash the cigar at first, and it stayed on the cigar till about half way (I'm not sure on the proper way to treat the ash, but I was smoking with a friend and we were trying to see who get a larger ash).

In the few months that I've been smoking this was one of the best cigars I have had, and I can only say I want to get my hands on more.

That's it, I'm done making a hash of this, and please feel free to take me to task. I now go to finish my beer.:al

you bought this cigar in NC?
Hey, just had my first Montecristo, and I know that I'm a newbie and I know that it has probably be done before, but I felt inspired. Feel free to take me out behind the shed and hit me with a 2x4, but here I go.

The prelight draw was quite good, I could get a nice amount of air to come through the cigar.

It lit very well, a bit uneven at first (probably my newbish fault) but that took care of itself really quickly.

At first it was a bit harsh and had a distinct bite to it. Only lasted for a few minutes, and after that the cigar had a very mellow flavor to it. I would describe it as slightly earthy, but very enjoyable.

As I got into the body of the cigar the flavor became a bit stronger, but still quite mellow. Somewhere around mild, but very mellow. To my surprise the flavor lasted the entirey of the cigar. The second half became a tad harsh, but I have to admit I only bought the cigar a couple of days ago during a visit to the JR in Burlington, NC.

I'm not sure how important these two aspects are, but the density of the smoke was impressive, and even down to the nub was quite consistent. I didn't ash the cigar at first, and it stayed on the cigar till about half way (I'm not sure on the proper way to treat the ash, but I was smoking with a friend and we were trying to see who get a larger ash).

In the few months that I've been smoking this was one of the best cigars I have had, and I can only say I want to get my hands on more.

That's it, I'm done making a hash of this, and please feel free to take me to task. I now go to finish my beer.:al

Yeah, at the JR in Burlington. If you're nearby just take I-40 to exit 143 and it's around there. I've only been there once so I can't really been more specific than that.

Back