NEWBIE Review of CAO BRAZILIA GOL!

houdini

aNYthing
Hey guys...I want to start off by thanking everyone for contributing great info and knowledge to this forum. Through the years, Ive joined many forums that coincided with my past and present interests. I must say that this is the by far the best - as far as organization, knowledge and personalities go.

With that being said, Heres some history on me...I quit smoking cigarettes on Labor Day 2007 and started smoking cigars a few months ago. I went through the usual steps...Random sticks from the local shops and then graduating to online purchases and a 50 count humidor. Im currently seasoning a 100+ count humidor and im sure you can all fill in the future's blanks! I wont smoke in my apartment and I will ONLY allow myself 1 smoke a day. Its usually in the evening after dinner and while Im walking my dog.

Tonights cigar was a CAO Brazilia GOL! which is a hefty 5 x 56. This is the 2nd time Ive smoked one, I smoked my 1st one during halftime at the Superbowl. I remember enjoying it but I rushed it so I knew I had to have another go at one.

Its a beautiful cigar with a dark oily wrapper. From the instant I lit it, it burned well throughout. Great draw and beautiful thick, creamy white smoke. For a darker cigar, it sure was smooother than most mild cigars Ive tried. I love the meaty 56 ring. I got down to about the middle of it and it kicked up a notch but still remained very smooth and not too overpowering....very consistent in flavor, burn and draw.

Ive heard people describe cigar's flavors as "hints of leather, hazelnut, cedar, etc"...I cant describe ANY cigars Ive tried like that yet. but I can say the "flavor" was one that I really liked and I really enjoyed it all the way down to the nub.

If a newbie's opinion is valued at all, This stick is definately in my "TOP 3". :tu

cao1.jpg

Great review. Dont worry about looking for different flavors. It will come with time, keep trying as many different sizes, brands and blends as you can. You never know what is right around the corner. Soon you will be able to at least find what doesnt taste good to you, then you can start focusing on the things you like about certain smokes. Enjoy the ride!:ss

Very good review! :tu These few sentences are all that is needed in a review:
Its a beautiful cigar with a dark oily wrapper. From the instant I lit it, it burned well throughout. Great draw and beautiful thick, creamy white smoke. For a darker cigar, it sure was smooother than most mild cigars Ive tried. I love the meaty 56 ring. I got down to about the middle of it and it kicked up a notch but still remained very smooth and not too overpowering....very consistent in flavor, burn and draw.

Within time you will know what these flavors are all about. I remember the first cigar I smoke that had flavor. The first few were either acrid or tasted like I was smoking a twig. Then I tried a premium and with that one cigar I tasted leather, cocoa, almonds, and etc. Threw me into a loop and I understood what was in store for my future.

Hey, nice review! The CAO Brazilia line is a fine smoke that used to be one of my favorites. I think they've fooled with the blend a little bit and now it's not the same experience for me as when it first came out but that's ok! I recall MY first Brazilia. It was so peppery spicy it literally felt like someone sprinkled red pepper flakes into my mouth.

You're right...now it's a much smoother blend. I like it for a change of pace. The burn is usually pretty good and it is a very smooth smoke.

Glad you enjoyed it. PM me some a list of some things you've smoked and enjoyed...and what you're getting ready to put in that humidor...and a few you might like to try.

Hoss

btw--great looking dog!

I'm a newbie too, so I haven't had a good stick yet to know the flavors. But I will say that it took my wife over a year for her taste buds to start working good again after she quit cigarettes. Her taste and sense of smell kept improving for almost 3 years after she quit.

Nice review. I've had 3 GOL!s so far and all of them were like drinking a milkshake through a straw. I liked the flavor though. Hopefully someday I'll find one that works with me a little better.

Nice review H. I have been smoking for 10 years and I still would not describe a cigar with any of the flavors I have read. I describe based on the draw and whether I enjoyed the taste or not. I never understood the whole nutty, leather, vanilla nougat, etc.
I am not a big fan of the Brazilia line myself, I tend to like the Cameroon and Criolla CAO cigars. I just ordered a box of CAO Black though as I heard these are very good.

Dave

Definitely a good stick and one of my favorite CAO's. I actually only like the Special named cigars like the America, Italia, and the Brazilia. The others are way to boring for me.

The GOL is a great smoke and I just bought a box to start getting a bit of age on them. :tu

Back