Newbie's take on Don Tomas Sun Grown

hardcz

Lowland Gorilla
So in my endeavors to try different cigars that I may or may not like, I picked up a Don Tomas Sun Grown, think it was about 5-6 inches long, light/medium brown wrapper color... Can't tell you what it was name wise or wrapper wise other than that atm.

It was pretty good! I wanted to get out of work since I'm working a 12 today so drove around in my truck, parked and just enjoyed it. first 1/2 of the cigar was I don't know what to base it off of, but maybe a medium spicy flavor to the pallet, no nasty aftertaste. Pretty good smoke and easy draw, though I hear it can change depending on how it's rolled. About half way I tried to do a purge, and it was very cool, the pinkish purple and blue colors when lighting the end and blowing into it, nice light show! I haven't seen something like that since last summer when we threw pieces of copper wrapped in yard hose in the firepit. About the last 1/4 or near where the paper wrapper thing is it started getting more spicey, where the tip of my tongue was like wow, almost like a peppery kind of tingle. I started getting a little light headed, similar to if I had a beer or two on an empty stomach roughly 4-5 minutes after I finished the cigar and went back into work. I don't have much to compare these to, though wanted to share the experience and say that I'm very happy to have taken that extended lunch from work :ss

Dan

The DT's are a pretty good smoke for the money...especially if You buy them online. The Sancho Panzas, DT's, Gisperts, La vieja Habanos from Drew and the CFO's are my favorite reasonably priced sticks.

PM me your info and I'd be happy to send out a BOMB with a few other DT's and a couple of surprises.

FN in MT:cb

PM me your info and I'd be happy to send out a BOMB with a few other DT's and a couple of surprises.

So I'm sitting here at work, reading the beginners guide to cigar smoking, check back to see if anyone gave their opinions and saw this..... my coworkers saw this:
512_jaw_dropper.gif
that is very kind and awesome of you, I definitely will return the kindness. I'm anxious to try others now..... is there a limit to how many one should smoke in a day? I'm going to a friends house later tonight...have about a 40 min drive, thinking about picking up something else for the drive... :ss Think I'm hooked.

What are the CFO's?

Last edited:
:tpd: Lets see.........12 a day = about 1 per hour awake =................HOLY SMOKES!!!!:ss

Good review. I remember trying sampler of 3. I didn't like them very much, but out the 3 sungrown was the better one.

So I'm sitting here at work, reading the beginners guide to cigar smoking, check back to see if anyone gave their opinions and saw this..... my coworkers saw this:
512_jaw_dropper.gif
that is very kind and awesome of you, I definitely will return the kindness. I'm anxious to try others now..... is there a limit to how many one should smoke in a day? I'm going to a friends house later tonight...have about a 40 min drive, thinking about picking up something else for the drive... :ss Think I'm hooked.

What are the CFO's?

We take care of the new guys here!!! (Bombs away!!!!)

CFO's are a cheapy rolled in NJ. Take a look over on the $1-$3 smokes threads and theres a doozy of a long one on the CFO's. I'll include a couple in your pkg. Going out on Monday.

IF Your new to this, don't get too crazy too fast...... leads to dizziness and hurling. I'd snag something MILD for the ride home. Baccarat, Don Diego, Macanudo, etc.

FN in MT

FN in MT

Good to see you smoked that one. Mine is still one of the few sitting in my humi. Will have to get around to trying it soon.

IF Your new to this, don't get too crazy too fast...... leads to dizziness and hurling. I'd snag something MILD for the ride home. Baccarat, Don Diego, Macanudo, etc.

FN in MT

FN in MT

Thanks again and thanks!!! I've heard the name Macanudo before, so gonna give one of those a try. Will let you guys know how it goes.

Dan

Back