Nicaraguan Cigars?

Danimal

CS Cog
I've discovered I love Nicaraguan tobacco flavors. Aside from Padron, Flor de Olivia and CAO, which I love, can anyone tell me other Nicaraguan brands that are great? Maybe cigars in which the wrapper, binder, filler etc are all Nicaraguan or the majority.

savfuerte.jpg

Puff puff puff... I love a SavFuerte.

I like Nic puros too.

Another Nic puro to look at is Nicarao ... I like the PCs (Minuto).

Famous is currently running a promotion ... buy a box of 20 for 60 bucks and get a 4 pk with a Xikar free. I do not like the piramides nearly as much as the PC.

La Fincas are great when well aged. They're cheap enough to ice a couple of boxes without breaking the bank.

jgros001 said:
Joya de Nicaragua: Antano 1970 and Celebration

The regular JdN line is also worthy of attention. I would recommend the #1 in the nattie & the Consul in the maduro.

Don't forget Perdomo too.

kansashat said:
Don't forget Perdomo too.

What he said! The Perdomo Cabinet Series La Tradicion is my favorite of the Nic puros. Get the silver (or grey) banded version with the Cameroon wrapper, and you have what is in my opinion the best Nic cigar. You may want to try a few five packs first on any of the La Tradicion cigars. They are not cheap, and people that I know either love them or hate them.

I agree with Punch. Get the Cameroon Perdomo's. I would not recommend the cuban café or the Maduro line. I did not care for the Cuban café's that much and the maduro's are mediocre. But I like the Cameroon variety.

Also the Mayorga line is Nic Puro too I believe but the quality is not where they use to be. Seems like another victim of overproduction.

Back