No need for a humidor......

DennisP

Lowland Gorilla
My house is currently 74 with 65 RH. I actually was starting to think my hygrometer was broke when I took out my tray in my humidor to grab some sticks and it didn't change. I had to take it outside to make sure it actually changed.

yeah yeah, currently it is -20 C and dry as a bone here in Peace River. I'm thinking of investing in a vegetable sprayer (like the ones you see in a grocery store) lining it with spanish cedar, and storing my cigars in that. With luck I'll get it to around 50% :r

:r Don't worry, thery are still in the humi, it's not always like this, which is why I thought the hygro broke. :tu

In our new house we have a whole house humidifier. I was playing with it the other day and got the house up to 65%. Granted it was 50 degrees that day, not below freezing. It is nice though for when I have to rearrange the whole cooler.

mine is like that a lot in the summer with the window unit in the Study but boy watch the humidity drop when the heat comes on..

The RH outside is presently 81%. Inside it is 75%. All my beads went clear yesterday and the cooler RH was 71. I took the beads out for 24 hours and almost none went opaque. Just finished wielding the hair drier to get the beads back in balance. Sheesh! Last week is was 40% RH. Gotta love the Pacific NorthWet.

Back