No Preconceptions

Jeff

Head to the grindstone...
While studying for tomorrows Forest Ecosystems exam, I decided to review one of the cigars sent by pds for Top25Cigars. I was really looking forward to sampling it because I didn't know anything about the cigar or the brand. It could be marketed as a $6 or $1.75 stick for all I know.

Ever wonder how your thoughts on a cigar would be if you didn't know anything about it. Very similar to a blind review I guess. Its not often I try something completely new. Usually I have some idea of what to expect because of previous experience with the brand.

Sometimes I'd like to try smoking my regular lineup sticks without knowing what they are. Just to "re-experience" what it is I enjoy about them.

Back to studying. ;)

Good luck Jeff, I am currently studying for a Solids Design and a Fluid Mechanics mid term...somebody shoot me.

I think Friday night I will reward myself with a Cohiba Sublime.

On a little break from studing for my Business 1.0 exam as we speak. Taking it this Friday. my reward will be having a VR DA while i watch the Eagles game this weekend. This weekend is fall break!! 4 DAY WEEKEND!! 5 days if i skip calc at 8:30 wednesday morn.

I destroyed my Fluids midterm!!!! I also haven't slept more than 2 hours a night in the last 3 days though. I got a 91 on my Material Science exam, class high was 94, and the low was 23!!!!!

Still waiting to get Dynamics back...not looking forward to seeing the grade on that one. Thanks for the gl wishes! They really help.

TSW09 said:
This weekend is fall break!! 4 DAY WEEKEND!! 5 days if i skip calc at 8:30 wednesday morn.

TSW09 - we are done for a little while!!! Hope your midterms went well, and enjoy your break. My fall break is all of next week!!!!

Jsabbi01 said:
TSW09 - we are done for a little while!!! Hope your midterms went well, and enjoy your break. My fall break is all of next week!!!!

Great job on your first exams. Congrats!

nuttin buta buncha smaughty pants up in heya.. Congrats on the middies yall.. I praise your brains as I am far from academic.. i'm just all like.. does not compute.. does not compute.. and mostly spend time in class day dreaming and drawing diagrams of fictional nonexistant devices all over my notes... or else I'll have some crazy mantras blarring so loudly in my head that I can't concentrate.. they usually come out as poetry .. either that or i am a psychopath...

What?! Who said ThAT!?

geez, this post could sure use some Smileys/Graemlins but.. hmmm im just to lazy...
"RA MA DA SA SA SAY SO HUMG"
damn mantras

Jeff said:
Ever wonder how your thoughts on a cigar would be if you didn't know anything about it. Very similar to a blind review I guess. Its not often I try something completely new. Usually I have some idea of what to expect because of previous experience with the brand.
;)
yes and it was cool I was gifted 4 smokes all unbanded and reviewed each one and I really don't review very often but I really learned what I like and don't like about cigars. I also learned cremosas do really suck.

Jsabbi01 said:
I destroyed my Fluids midterm!!!! I also haven't slept more than 2 hours a night in the last 3 days though. I got a 91 on my Material Science exam, class high was 94, and the low was 23!!!!!

Still waiting to get Dynamics back...not looking forward to seeing the grade on that one. Thanks for the gl wishes! They really help.

Well done. Fluids is fun, Matls is a breeze, and dynamics is a miserable son of a bitch. Just wait until the end of the semester.

You a civil or one of those other guys, the engineers they dont allow to design big important things...I think theyre called...mechanical engineers?????

Jsabbi01 said:

AHH YES. Fluids, I remember that class. Didn't much understand it at the time. And dynamics, well seing as how I am a civil engineer and that we like our stuff not to move, I actually did good in that class. Got and A.

Back to the fluids. The funny thing is that in college I was a transportation all the way. Didn't like the fluids, hydraulics, water/wastewater treatment so I stayed away from them as much as possible. But in three weeks, I will take the PE test for the second time and you know what the afternoon emphasis will be. That's right - water recources.

So what kind of engineer are you wanting to be?

PadronME, civil's take a really easy version of static/dynamics. Us ME's get the tougher versions.

AAlmeter - Yes, I am a ME. And I'd rather design small important things than large important things.

Jsabbi01 said:
PadronME, civil's take a really easy version of static/dynamics.

Not at State. Same class for everyone.

Although thermodynamics was different than what mechanical and chemical take.

Yep, same class at Pitt too....except statics. Civils take a more difficult statics because thats one of the main building blocks of the major. Luckily I was still a bioengineer at the time, so I took the MechE/Insuctrial/BioeE version of statics.

Hope your exam went well. As for me. I buy samplers all the time, usually enjoy half of them but can't remember anything about them beyond the brand.

Back