No smoking at Bristol???

I don't have any use for NASCAR anymore. Not since they gave up Rockingham, and Wilkesboro tracks. The damn thing was started here in NC, and they have grown to big, commercial, and greedy. I used to go to races down at Rockingham, grew up 30 minutes from there. Whats this about a free country again.....

I don't have any use for NASCAR anymore. Not since they gave up Rockingham, and Wilkesboro tracks. The damn thing was started here in NC, and they have grown to big, commercial, and greedy. I used to go to races down at Rockingham, grew up 30 minutes from there. Whats this about a free country again.....

Yeah, agree with you there. Always wanted to go to Rockingham to see a race; not gonna get to now . . .

I mean yeah, it was a smaller track and all. But still, you don't abandon what made you. A wise man once said, "A tree that forgets it's roots is destined to fall" I think the drag strip down there is still in use, but as far as I know, the "Rock" is just sitting there wasting away.

I'm mostly done with NASCAR - but when they don't let me smoke my cigar at Dover I will be totally done -

Ron

Not surprising.

As for my feelings on nascar, when you cut a plant off at the roots, it will slowly die. That is what nascar has done.

Sounds like you guys should be thankful they held out this long. I cant think of any other sporting venue that permitted fans to smoke in the past 10 years.

Its really not much different than a football/baseball stadium.

If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies. ~Author Unknown

Chas

Look at the tv ratings and attendance. ;) Change, for the better, is a good thing but that is not what they have done.

They can also change without alienating the people that made them but that is exactly what they have done.

Back