No Smoking In Here -A B&M

DriftyGypsy

Not Here
Okay... so I am driving down the road Thursday and notice a new B&M not far from me... Puff & Pipe... so, I stop by there Friday, from the outside it looks like your typical B&M. I walk up to the door, which was open, I guess because of the weather... now there are NUMEROUS signs saying no one under 19, which is the legal tobacco age in New Jersey, I look inside and it appears to be a family operation because there are kids crawling around on the floor. So, of course I have a lit cigar in my hand. In New Jersey a B&M is one of the few places you can smoke legally. Well as I start to walk in the door, I hold up my hand and say is this okay. Well, damn... several of the people in the store started shouting no no no no smoking in here... I am like, huh... okay... got back in my car and left. Quick glance told me that these are not cigar smokers or pipe smokers and just trying to sell a product. I wish them luck but they will not get my business.

LUCK is exactly what they'll need to be successful with their business. Obviously no thought was given to the wants and desires of customers that might shop there.

:ss

In South Jersey there are numerous Puff and Pipes and from my experience, they aren't even a cigar shop. That is unless you're looking for Phillies Blunts. I think they are just a head shop.

My closest resonably well stocked B&M is 42 miles away. They don't allow smoking either.
Would probably bother the dopers coming in to buy papers, bongs and crack pipes. !?!?!?!?! :hn

FN in MT

maybe they should learn how much more business they would do if they actually let people smoke inside the place.... crazy idea, I know.

"Puff and Pipe" isn't really all that accurate, is it?
A no smoking B&M, that's precious. That's about as brilliant a business plan as a no drinking Bar and Grill. :)

My B&M allows me to smoke in his shop. I always ask him first but he always says yes. Sometimes he opens the door for fresh air or if his dad is in the back working on the books.
It's part of his business.

"Puff and Pipe" isn't really all that accurate, is it?
A no smoking B&M, that's precious. That's about as brilliant a business plan as a no drinking Bar and Grill. :)
:tpd: I would never spend my money there, I think you made a good choice.

Seems foolish to now allow smoking. You usually pay a premium at a B&M, but it is more than worth it when you are hunting for some elusive singles or you can light up & relax while you are there.

Ok, might just be going out on a limb here...
Maybe just that particular day they didnt want you smoking because of the
'babies' crawling across the floor as you said.
Just trying to be good parents i guess- albeit i wouldnt have brought them in there in the first place...but just a hunch.

Boy that makes me realize how good I have it. 2 B&M's less than 15 mins from my door! Both allow the enjoyment of their fine cigars or pipe tobacco's. Just can't understand a shop like that, thou we do have a couple in the area that cater to the "head" types. To each there own I guess.

Maybe they don't actually own the store and it's against the lease.

I've been in to more than few that didn't allow smoking here in NC.?. I don't care. I come to buy not to smoke. My favorite local is in a mall and as soon as mall management recieved one complaint they said no more smoking. That was over 3 years ago. The b&m has been in that mall for 30 years!

Last edited:
If you ask me the main appeal of a B&M is the relaxed environment and sense of comradery you get from smoking and talking with fellow botls. Without that, why not buy exclusively online?

It's hard to imagine that non-smokers would open a B&M to simply attempt to turn a profit.

I've never been to a B&M where one could not smoke. I personally would have no use for such a place. My idea of a B&M is a place to buy and smoke singles with comrades.

Back