Non Spicy cigars

JonW

Young Ape
Hi,
I have had a few different brands but my favorite brand so far is National Brand Sun Grown, because it has no spicy kick to it. The sweetness was nice at first but now I am growing tired of it and will be looking for another mild stick to try.
I love RP 1999,Cusano CC,Fonseca, and Black rose.
Any other suggestions?
I did read the sticky on newbie recommendations but could not determine which were spicy or not.

Thank You
Jon

Jon, if you want a mild smoke that's inexpensive look up the dominican primeros, very mild, little to no spice, great in the morning or whenever you don't want anything that packs a huge punch. Also if you can, try a cohiba siglo II CC... wow... yea..just..yea..... awesome.. ummmmm otherwise you might like some things that hoyo puts out, the excalibur line is pretty decent, maybe a medium body, lite spice, the don tomas sun grown is also good, the rocky patel sun grown though packs a little bit of a punch, it's worth a try, though might not be your cup of tea based off what you're saying here.

There are others but this is a good start, also try a san cristobal, it's made by Ashton... it might be on that spice edge for you, though is very easily my fav NC cigar atm, and it might surprise you.

Best of luck, and try to get in those newbie trades, will help you get an understanding of what you might like or not.

Jon, if you want a mild smoke that's inexpensive look up the dominican primeros, very mild, little to no spice, great in the morning or whenever you don't want anything that packs a huge punch. Also if you can, try a cohiba siglo II CC... wow... yea..just..yea..... awesome.. ummmmm otherwise you might like some things that hoyo puts out, the excalibur line is pretty decent, maybe a medium body, lite spice, the don tomas sun grown is also good, the rocky patel sun grown though packs a little bit of a punch, it's worth a try, though might not be your cup of tea based off what you're saying here.

Best of luck, and try to get in those newbie trades, will help you get an understanding of what you might like or not.

:tpd:

Also, the Fonseca 5-50, Cu-Avana, and Sancho Panza Double Maduro are all economical, smooth, mild, and "spice-less."

Try the AVO line, particularly the regular line and XO line. Although all of them have little to no spice, in my opinion, you would probably enjoy them :2 :tu

5 vegas gold is really tasty without spicy
Avo XO is a good one, I had one of their Avo Signatures it was really nice but really expensive too.
Ashtons are smooth and delicious!

Chateau Fuente Natural, Perdomo Champagne, Cuesta Rey Stanfords Cameroon Reserve. The first two are the most mild but none of them have any spice. I would also give Monte white a go. Ore even La Unica. I think you'll like any of these.

Thank you!
That should be enough of a list to keep me busy for a little while.......
Well I mean it's a start! :tu:ss

Second on the Sancho Panza Double Maduros. I finally tried one last week and loved the mellow cocoa and leather flavors with no spice kick so I immediately ordered a box. I have to disagree on the 5 Vegas Gold as I've found that to be one peppery stick especially for what's otherwise a pretty mild cigar. It's one of my favorites but It does have a sting to it.

Try the Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic. Little to no spice there :D:r. Seriously though, try CAO Gold or Montecristo White. Experiment with maduro cigars for a full flavor, but not as much spice, more creaminess.

I'm with you. I like not-spicy cigars.

For a long time I was confusing terms "mild", "medium" and "full body" to mean a level of spiciness in a cigar rather than the nicotine level. I would call a cigar "mild" if it wasn't spicy, and I would say that spicy cigars are "too strong" for me. I've finally learned two things:

- Nic levels don't really effect me (I smoke really slow) so I can never go by mild/medium/full terms.
- I don't like spicy/peppery cigars.

With that said, some of my favorite cigars aren't spicy, but they may be "full body". I really like the La Aroma de Cuba, Gurkha G3, CAO Maduro, Excaliburs, and the Torano Virtuoso. Cigars that I've found to be too spicy are some Padillas & Pepins and Ashton VSG.

But then again, I haven't had a lot of different cigars yet. Still pretty noob.

Im with you guys....I find the spicier the stick the less I enjoy it....

If you are looking for a nice maduro that isnt too spicy look into the 5 vegas a series

pete
Give it time after a while regular maduro sticks get boring.

As to nicotine doesnt effect you, I can only say I dont think you have smoked the right sticks.

Do me a favor and go smoke a camacho triple maduro or a litto gomez diez chisel. Start with those 2.

next time you are in san jose stop by west coast cigars they have both in stock.

sancho panza DM are good cheap stick as others have pointed out,
Carlos torano exodus, rocky patel 1990 are also smooth non spicy.

Actually, I've learned that there's a difference between flavor, body and strength. They each pertain to a different aspect of the cigar. What you're looking for (well, what I'm looking for :ss) is balance, a cigar that doesn't overwhelm you in any of those areas.

I'm with you. I like not-spicy cigars.

For a long time I was confusing terms "mild", "medium" and "full body" to mean a level of spiciness in a cigar rather than the nicotine level. I would call a cigar "mild" if it wasn't spicy, and I would say that spicy cigars are "too strong" for me. I've finally learned two things:

- Nic levels don't really effect me (I smoke really slow) so I can never go by mild/medium/full terms.
- I don't like spicy/peppery cigars.

With that said, some of my favorite cigars aren't spicy, but they may be "full body". I really like the La Aroma de Cuba, Gurkha G3, CAO Maduro, Excaliburs, and the Torano Virtuoso. Cigars that I've found to be too spicy are some Padillas & Pepins and Ashton VSG.

But then again, I haven't had a lot of different cigars yet. Still pretty noob.

i dont know if it has been mentioned, but Cuesta Rey Cameroon, Davidoff thousand series, and cheateau fuente series...

One of my favs - Cusano 18 Double Connecticut.

Also try:
Torano, Casa Torano
Rocky Patel Connecticut (the 99 is great but the regular Connecticut is tasty too)
Rocky Patel R4
Rocky Patel The Edge Lite
Rocky Patel American Markets (Available from Famous Smoke)
Macanudo Gold
Don Diego
Partagas Natural
Helix Natural

Back