Noob Adoption Sept. review...Camacho PC 99'

Blues Tiger

ChestBeater
Its been a pretty rough month for me. As some of you know, I lost my job this past Tuesday. However, a positive I have had a chance to sit back and enjoy some very nice cigars. One of the best I have tried this month is from MarkinCA, a Camacho Petit Corona. I fired up this stick this afternoon in my newly finished "smoking room" which is a room in the house I converted into a home office. On to the review....

Appearance: This is definitely a petit coronal cigar. It has flawless construction with no blemishes on the wrapper at all. The cigar is a beautiful oak brown color and the band compliments it well.

1st Third: I lightly toasted the foot of the cigar after clipping a small amount of the cap with my Palio. The first draw produced a surprising amount of creamy smoke. The first flavor I noticed was heavy cream, almost like butternut. Every so slightly I detected a hint of sweetness on the finish. So far, this is truly one of the best cigars I have experienced. The burn is absolutely flawless and the ash holds on for about 3/4 of an inch before gently falling off. The ash is a dark grey color with black stripes. Beautiful.

2nd Third: This is one smooth smoke! The creamy goodness continues into the second third. I am now picking up a hint of vanilla flavor as well. The butternut flavor has gotten a bit stronger too. I am loving this cigar!

Final Third: Other than having to touch up the burn once, this cigar has been perfect. I think I am probably guilty of puffing too much as the cigar started to get a little harsh as it inched toward the band. After a good purge the flavor returned and the harshness was gone. One thing I have noticed while smoking this cigar is the aroma. The smoke coming from the foot is very fragrant and nice. The cigar is just silky smooth. It almost reminds me of the way my mouth tastes after a Worther's Original candy if that makes since!

Final impressions: Absolutely loved it! This was by far the smoothest cigar I have ever smoked and it left me wanting for more. I would rate this cigar a 10 out of 10 for flavor and texture of the smoke. I think I have found the flavor profile I have been looking for.

Thank you Mark for the great cigar!

Jay

Back