Noob reviews: Oliva Serie G

4thtry

Evolving Lead Gorilla
(I posted this in the wrong forum earlier today so now i'm correcting it, my apologies)
This is my very first review on here so cut me some slack if i suck haha

Cut off the cap....pre light draw felt excelent & the wrapper left a woodsy / spicy taste in my mouth....but not over done. wrapper was nice and firm all the way down. no hard or soft spots and no obtrusive veins. Looks feels and tastes like a good smoke so far.

First 1/3:
First off, let me say, the burn was absolutely perfect. I didnt have to touch up once or even worry about the burn at all b/c it was spot on. Light gray ash & just what i expected, a continuance of the earthy/leathery flavoring with a hint of sweetness. Draw was nice and smooth, with a good amount of smoke billowing after each draw

2/3:
Sweetness died out and Leathery/earthy flavor pretty much took over at this point. Burn remained consistant & the ash was still hanging from the initial light.

Final:
Sweetness stayed away and the Earthy flavor took over with a hint less of the leathery flavor i mentioned. Ash finally fell off but remained a nice light gray color. I nubbed it so it became a little hotter as it got closer to the nub, but still an easy smoke.

Overall:
Beautiful smoke and i have Bax to thank for it. he sent me this wonderful stick and i must say it was great. Nicely tight packed smooth draw & wonderful flavor to it. Spicy, but not too spicy, overall medium smoke.

The finish:

IMG_0019.jpg

If you haven't gone for one yet....do it....now. you'll love it, i know i did

Thanks for the review! Oliva's are great cigars, I have been on a V kick lately... :ss

This was actually my very first Oliva & to be honest, i've never heard of them until i came to CS. Bax was kind enough to throw a few smokes my way and included this one.

I'll definitely be trying more from Oliva, no doubt

Thanks for the great review - the second half of the Oliva G Special G maduro is one of my all time favorite short winter smokes. I have yet to have a bad Oliva, their products are always consistent.

I had a g maduro the other night and it was awesome I think I'll be throwing a few in the humi and thanks for the review.

Nice review, man.

I had my 1st Oliva yesterday and think I'm going to go try another. First impression is it is a very good cigar and I'll need a few more to get my thoughts together on the Oliva.

My impression on the Oliva G's are this. Lifechanging? No. A darn well made cigar that hardly ever gives construction problems that can be had all day for less than $5? YES!!

I took a couple of these out to a friend's house yesterday and smoked them down to the nub. Smooth is the word, no bite and a real pleasure to smoke. My wife tried one and wanted to know if I had more, so that a good sign.

I had the G maduro last week and really enjoyed it. I have some V torps coming this week that I'm really anxious to try.

Thanks for the review!

I had the G maduro last week and really enjoyed it. I have some V torps coming this week that I'm really anxious to try.

Thanks for the review!

I hear nothing but GREAT things about the V Torps....dying to try one, everytime i got to my B&M he's got them sold out. I told him to hold on to some for me this time though. :ss

Yeah, the V Torps were hard to find but I finally found them. My friend bought what he thought was a torp for $14(!) at a B&M (nice markup!). It turned out to be a belicoso. :mad: Oh well, I bought him a 5er of the torps.

Yeah, the V Torps were hard to find but I finally found them. My friend bought what he thought was a torp for $14(!) at a B&M (nice markup!). It turned out to be a belicoso. :mad: Oh well, I bought him a 5er of the torps.

$14 for a Vtorp....eff that noise:r
good thing he ended up with them in the long run cuz 14 bucks for one is one hefty markup

thx for the review, cant wait to try one. (at 4 bucks a stick, hopin it will be another everyday smoke for me).:cb

As you discovered, a very nice, enjoyable, go to any time cigar. Glad you had a good first run. And BTW, you did a fine job on the review, keep them coming.

Back