Noob with a question...

SpurNubber

Maturing Primate
My humidor sits around 65-68 degrees & 64%-65% humidity in a normally unused bathroom with the doors shut. I live in the south (SC), so when I go to smoke outdoors should I take my cigar(s) out of the humidor and let them sit out in the house for a short period instead of just taking them straight from the humi to outside?

That will have many opinions here..I have seen alot of talk about dry-boxing and some swear by it and others just smoke it right from the humi..it will be a matter of if you can taste any difference. Not that this help you any!!!

Shawn

I saw in another thread that the draw is tighter on cigars that had been stored in a higher humidity. For cigars stored in the high 60's, low 70's, would the draw issues alone be enough to rest or do cigars still draw fine from humiditys this high?

I usually just smoke from the humi...but I have been meaning to try dry boxing...
On that note...I do keep my humi at 70%

I tried dry boxing but I don't like planning on what I am going to smoke because it usually depends on my mood.

IMHO low to mid 60's Rh is my favorite range to smoke cigars.

I currently use 65% beads and I don't "drybox" anymore. I used to when I kept my humi at around 70% Rh.

If you're satisfied with the burn and flavor right out of the humi, I'd stick with it. Let a couple sit out for a day or two and see if you notice a difference.

I think that some people take the 70/70 thing WAY to seriously.. I mean, as long as you dont go above 70 % humidity for a LONG period of time, your smokes are fine.. And besides that, the humidity that the cigar should be stored at should be determined by YOUR taste, not mine or anyone else here.

I used to freak out about the humidity and temp of my humidor. Now, i just let it be.. Cigar smoking is a hobby, something we do for fun.. When we start killing ourselves over 1 or 2 degrees in temperature, or a few % points of humidity, it stops being fun and becomes more like work..

If you are unsure of the humidity staying level, get the beads. If you want something to maintain temperature, convert a winefrideg or buy an aristocrat.. Beyond that, chill out, relax, and smoke a cigar....

thats just my :2 anyway..

dry boxing just wouldn't work for me, i never know what i'm going to feel like smoking-i keep my sticks at 63% to 66% & they smoke fine

Back