North Carolina JR Cigars

newlifetaxidermy

Young Chimp
In the last week, I have visited all 3 NC locations of JR cigars. I went to the Smithfield/Selma store last Saturday for the Maria Mancini tasting event. I stopped by the Burlington store on Friday AM and hit the Statesville store on Friday PM. The S/S store is the most well organized, IMO. They have prices posted for almost everything. The Burlington store is the place to go for boxes, 5ers, and accessories (tons of humis) but their selection of singles is much smaller than the other two stores. The Statesville store has a good selection of everything and a very nice smoking/lounge area, but I had trouble finding the prices on a lot of items. My cigar purchases from the 3 stores were:

Maria Mancini Magic Mountain 5er x2
Bolivar 654 5er
Montecristo Afrique Jambo Jambo 5er
TTT Trinidad Toro 5er w/ Ashtray

I also picked up an empty Stradivarius box/humidor from the Burlington store for $10. This thing is super nice and has held humidity well.

Have only been to the Burlington store, and only every few months. Unfortunately I drive past it a lot more than I stop in because I always seem to be rushing to somewhere else on I-85. Hopefully when I grow up I'll have more spare time to stop and smell the stogies. I'm bound and determined to go to their Bolivar Suntuoso en Tubo Tasting Event on October 18.

I spend a good bit of time at the Selma/Smithfield store. Several people think I work there... :D

Bolivar 654 5er

Let me know what you think of them. The Bolivar Cofradia 654 are my current favorite stogie!

@Studebaker - I have a box of 10 Suntuoso En Tubos and while they taste good so far every one I've had is rolled a bit too tight. Not unsmokeable of course but the regular Cofradia's have a perfect draw.

Rev.

Let me know what you think of them. The Bolivar Cofradia 654 are my current favorite stogie!

@Studebaker - I have a box of 10 Suntuoso En Tubos and while they taste good so far every one I've had is rolled a bit too tight. Not unsmokeable of course but the regular Cofradia's have a perfect draw.

Rev.

Thanks for the heads-up, Rev, I'll keep an eye out when I try the free sample. I haven't tried any Bolivar yet but the Cofradias have caught my eye. I'm mostly using the event as an excuse to go in and get a few singles and 5-packs!

I spend way to much time at the Statesville store to the point that I know almost everyone in the store and a few of the employees name and phone number. It is a great place to pick up some fivers and know what the smoke is like before spending much more on the box purchase. I've been to the Burlington store but not near the amount of time that I'm in the Statesville store.:ss

Back