Not another Palio Review!

redryno247

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Yes indeed, another review of the famed "worlds best cigar cutter". To be honest, when I first joined CS and saw all the talk/reviews and hype about the Pailo I thought to myself...aren't all cutters the same? To answer my own question, NO!

I'd venture to guess that first time cigar smokers are a lot like I was starting out; a bit hesitant to dive in too deep and risk blowing a lot of money. This was my line of thinking when it came to my first cutter purchase. I remember it oh so well; I'd made my first visit to the B&M, nervously picking out a couple of cigars (I had no clue), and walked up the counter and realize, I have no way to cut the cigar, short of bitting (please don't go this route) the poor things. So I asked if they had any cutters, to which I was shown a nice selection of higher priced cutters. Like such a newb, I asked if they had anything cheaper, not realizing at the time what I was passing over. So out I walked, sticks and $3 cutter in hand.

For the first few cigars this $3 cutter seemed to do the trick...that is until I learned just how little of the cigar you actually cut. Now I had a problem, only made worse by the ever dulling blades.

So to make this long story, longer, I ended up being gifted a Palio cigar cutter (Thanks Tam). Needless to say I was thrilled. Finally I'd have a first hand chance to see if this cutter lived up to all it's hype.

I'm pleased to say, IMO, the Palio delivers. Until now I thought I understood what a smooth, double blade guillotine cut was. Ha! I had no idea. The Palio does not mash the cigar (like my old cutter was somewhat prone to do), rather it cuts like a hot knife through butter. I also really like the feel of this cutter in my hands. The sliding action is smooth but with just a bit of tension, which I feel helps me in making an accurate cut.

While I was fortunate enough to be gifted this fine cutter, I now know it's worth every bit of the $35-$40 price tag I've seen it list for.

If you've not experienced the joy that is owning a Palio cigar cutter, please do yourself a favor and get it on your Christmas wish list...I'm sure you won't be disappointed. For more information about Palio cigar cutters...

Thanks for reading.

cutter.jpg

Amen brother! Preach on! Palio rocks. If you don't have a palio cutter, you don't know what u r missin. Get One!! Now!

if only i had money for one, nobody around me even has one i can try... christmas is coming soon, right?

stearns

You don't need a test drive man. If u wanted one bad enough, u would find the money. Hell, take some kids lunch money, knock off a liquor store, sell yourself on the streets of San Francisco, but get a Palio! :ss
(relax, it's a joke)

if only i had money for one, nobody around me even has one i can try... christmas is coming soon, right?

stearns

This is akin to playing a $70 round of golf (and sucking), but refusing to get a $50 lesson.

I mean, do what you can afford of course. But Palio is indeed the way to go.

I have a Palio and it's awesome. They have a lifetime warranty, if it's ever under performing you can take it to ANY Palio retail location and they will give you a brand new one, no questions asked. For $40 think about how many $4 cutters you'll buy the rest of your life!

I have a Palio and it's awesome. They have a lifetime warranty, if it's ever under performing you can take it to ANY Palio retail location and they will give you a brand new one, no questions asked. For $40 think about how many $4 cutters you'll buy the rest of your life!

That's so very true...

yup, i hate to say it, but as much as i love my xikar, the palio i got a few weeks back is just sooo much better.

now, i just need to track down a carbon fiber palio......oh, and a burl wood would be nice aswell.... :D

James

yup, i hate to say it, but as much as i love my xikar, the palio i got a few weeks back is just sooo much better.

now, i just need to track down a carbon fiber palio......oh, and a burl wood would be nice aswell.... :D

James

Yes, I had the same thought...it's like, now I must get the whole set. Crazy!:tu

Yes, I had the same thought...it's like, now I must get the whole set. Crazy!:tu

The whole set, and then the whole set again :D

Seriously though, i am just as addicted to buying cigar accessories as i am to smoking the cigars themselves...i think i have a problem :)

James

Thanks for the great review! My Palio came in Friday and I can say that I am very impressed. Much more impressive in person than pictures!!

Thanks for the review RD. As soon as I finish a couple of obligations here, the Palio will be next on my list...:tu

It's a sexy little cutter, for sure.
I just bought one and I've used it 2 or 3 times. I prefer my old faithful...
9315f.JPG

That old Cohiba cutter takes a nibble at a time and it's wicked sharp and has stayed that way. I love it.
Kinda makes me wish I never had it so I can be happy with my Palio.
I want to get a xikar to try it, too. Maybe it'll do it for me?
This isn't to say I don't like the Palio, I just enjoy my old cutter more. I'm afraid I'll never use the Palio. It doesn't look that way.

I am on my 2nd Palio--not by any fault of the cutter. Mexican Airport security took it when I was flying back to the US. Odd thing was I took the cutter thru security at PHL on the way to Mexico. I am sure my cutter has a new home in Mexico.:ss

I am on my 2nd Palio--not by any fault of the cutter. Mexican Airport security took it when I was flying back to the US. Odd thing was I took the cutter thru security at PHL on the way to Mexico. I am sure my cutter has a new home in Mexico.:ss

guess they didn't care if you were to use it for ill outside the U.S. but wanted to make sure you couldn't do the same once back in. Sorry to hear of your loss...like you say, hopefully it's found a nice new, loving home.

Back