Now that was a good time!!

gnukfu

Smokin and Jokin
Went to the Red Sox-Yankees game last night at Fenway and my team won which is always nice when I am there in person. Was standing outside Fenway smoking an 02 LGC #4 with my buddy before the game. Game was delayed an hour due to anticipated bad weather so we had plenty of time to hang out on Yawkee Way outside the park (the legal smoking place). This guy and his buddy walk up and asked if I had a lighter. Apparently he only had matches and dropped them in a puddle. I gave him my Blazer so he could light his smoke. I look over and see him trying to light a cigar that had been through a war! At first I thought it was a third of a culebra but come to find out he had it in his jacket pocket and "it got squished".

Soooooo as much as it hurt me to do I gave him the last cigar I had with me...a Cohiba Siglo II. I think he was going to cry (Yankees fans are always crying). After a big man hug he lit it up and we bullshitted and smoked for a while before heading in. He was a great guy and we had a great time chatting and smoking with him and his buddy before the game. The power of cigars is amazing!! :r

Oh yeah his buddy didn't smoke cigars so he "sucks" - that's a joke!!!! :D

Was he a Yankee fan you gave your cigar to, if so you are good man. I had to sit and watch my Yanks take it hard

You gave your last stogie to a Yankees fan? You are an example of charity for all of us to emulate, my friend. In fact, please volunteer your services to the U.S. State Department - they've got a few little conflicts you might be able to clear up...

Sounds like you had a great night. Wet matches/crushed cigar - just wasn't his night until he ran into you. Well done!

Giving a cigar to a Yankees fan, your a better man than I am :D

Glad you had a good time. I am always amazed at how quickly cigars bring folks together. True gorilla spirit giving the guy not only your last cigar but a Siglo II at that:tu

Was he a Yankee fan you gave your cigar to, if so you are good man. I had to sit and watch my Yanks take it hard

Yeah he was - what an idiot I am! I left that out! That was the whole point of the thread!! We had a good time talking about the teams and the rivalry.

Giving a cigar to a Yankees fan, your a better man than I am

Glad you had a good time. I am always amazed at how quickly cigars bring folks together. True gorilla spirit giving the guy not only your last cigar but a Siglo II at that

I work with a bunch of Yankees fans in CT - plenty of Red Sox fans too - we have a lot of "fun" with each other hehe.

Great story George!!!:tu

You are a true BOTL!!!:ss

BTW - Glad your team won!!!

Oh and I already sent you RG before I read this Thread!!!

Hehe if one cigar turned him from a Yankees fan to a Red Sox fan then I would smack him for impersonating a Yankess fan!! :r

I was actually thinking he would be a fan of YOU, but you never know . . . I would probably give up my allegiance to the Cubs for a Cohiba.

The only thing that would have been better is if Luis Tiant was on Yawkey Way last night but he wasn't. He's smart - I think he only hangs out on beautiful weather days!

Wow, that is incredibly generous. Way to go George, it's just too darn bad it had to be a Yankees fan:tu.

Back