Now this is funny

VirtualSmitty

Fear the walrus
Got the latest CA in the mail yesterday. Guess what? James Suckling gave THREE 100 POINT ratings. Only one 100 point rating in the mags history and in one issue he gives three. He must've had too much fun in Hong Kong, gotten drunk, hit a opium den, and then written his piece.

VirtualSmitty said:
Got the latest CA in the mail yesterday. Guess what? James Suckling gave THREE 100 POINT ratings. Only one 100 point rating in the mags history and in one issue he gives three. He must've had too much fun in Hong Kong, gotten drunk, hit a opium den, and then written his piece.

Could it be that he has been "influenced" (read compensated) by the makers? I have no doubt that the 100 rating will sell many cigars. :2

I don't know usually the only cigars that are rated in the high 90's are vintage/rare/hard to find smokes so I doubt its a monetary thing. However he does seem to go a little overboard with his ratings :D

30th anniversary Cohiba 1996, Dunhill estupendo 1989 cuban, RomeoyJuliet No. 2 1964 ALL SCORED A 100.

Also a cuban Davidoff scored a 95, and a juan lopez scored a 94.

One was a 30 year anniversary Cohiba, one was a Cuban Davidoff, and I forgot the last one, but all three had some age on them.

pnoon said:
Could it be that he has been "influenced" (read compensated) by the makers? I have no doubt that the 100 rating will sell many cigars. :2

Out of all the 100 point scores, only the RyJ is still in production. Davidoffs and Dunhills are made in the Dominican now.

Yeah I got that issue. I found that interesting. It was my first issue of CA. Actually they sent it to my dad for free for some weird reason so he just gave it to me. There's not much info on cigars in the mag though.

Just got my issue today also and noted that.
Either he in fact was drunk or those in fact are incredible smokes.
Either way, I certainly will never know as I don't think I will be able to get my hands on those sticks.

Ratings of impossible to obtain cigars is USELESS!

give me a f*ck'n break, who could afford them if they were for sale?

that article always seems to me to be a "look what I have have" piece

JCole311 said:
Ratings of impossible to obtain cigars is USELESS!

give me a f*ck'n break, who could afford them if they were for sale?

that article always seems to me to be a "look what I have have" piece
I saw one place that advertised Estupendos today for around $400 a piece. You sure you don't want one?

croatan said:
I saw one place that advertised Estupendos today for around $400 a piece. You sure you don't want one?

That's reasonable. I've seen them as high as $600 a piece. All I can say is I wonder if they were absolutely perfect because of blend/age, or because he laid out a down payment on a house to smoke them.

Personaly I think CA's rstings are :BS and James Suckling is a pompous idiot.

Back