Odd burn

LibertyToad

Young Ape
I'm not sure how to describe this but last night I lit up a Padron 2000. After the first ash fell (about an 1"), the stick had a (hot/ember) pointed tip extending out of the cigar (insert, suggestive comment here). It straightened out by about the half way point.

Does this happen if the wrapper is a bit dryer than the inside of the cigar?

The stick had been in my (65% Heartfelt beads) humidor for a few weeks. Before I got the beads it was running around 68-70% (analog, yeah I'm going to replace it--it is new and calibrates fine).

It was a little odd, but didn't seem to change the taste of the stick.

Thanks in advance for you response.

That only happens to the boy cigars!!!:r

Seriously, that is normal... sometimes I smoke too fast and that happens too!

Sounds like a coned ash. Indicates the smoking rate is a little fast and/or the center of the filler is slightly wetter than the outer filler and wrapper. Give them a good month to equalize.

Sounds like a coned ash. Indicates the smoking rate is a little fast and/or the center of the filler is slightly wetter than the outer filler and wrapper. Give them a good month to equalize.

Thanks. I'm pretty careful to only puff about once a minute (shrug). I may have been paying less attention because my kids were goofing around in the yard at the time and I was watching them.

The cone was probably close to about 3/8's of an inch--quite large (I should have mentioned that in my original post). As I said, it corrected itself later. I bet it was a combination of both things you mentioned.

It still smoked great. I was just curious.

Thanks again.

:cool:

Back