Odd Inconsistency???

TU09

Lowland Gorilla
I was just digging through my humidor looking for a late night treat and noticed something a bit odd. I have two Perdomo Estate Seleccion Imperios that are very obviously box-pressed and one that is so slightly pressed that I first thought it was not until I noticed that the foot was slightly squared. The color and size are identical amongst the three but one just doesn't seem to have been pressed.:confused:
Is this sort of variation common amongst Perdomo cigars? Al Perdomos I have smoked previously have been well made and uniform and I suppose I am just surprised to see this sort of inconsistency in one of their top lines. Also, the not-pressed cigar came from a sampler from the "devil site." Would this have anything to do with it? It is of little consequence, just curious.

could be that it has swelled in your humi and started to lose some of its shape, is it older than the other one? i have some box pressed villiger and they have started to round out slighty since they have been sitting in the humi.

caskwith said:
could be that it has swelled in your humi and started to lose some of its shape, is it older than the other one? i have some box pressed villiger and they have started to round out slighty since they have been sitting in the humi.

villagers are dry-cured are they not?

im 99.999999% they are, so you probably want to move them out of the humi, it could be detrimental to the draw etc.

Its actually the newest of the three. Could CBid have over humidified it before shipping?

TU09 said:
Its actually the newest of the three. Could CBid have over humidified it before shipping?

did it ship with a water pillow?
if so, there is your answer.

the pillows run very wet, let your smokes sit for ~2weeks, the difference in shape should have no major bearing on how they smoke.

:2

Back