odor on clothes...how long it lingers

fizguy

Lowland Gorilla
I enjoy the lingering odor after I have smoked a cigar. However, today I am going for a job interview and have a nice new suit (my belly seems a little too big for my old suit...it must have shrunk or something). I thought it would be nice to relax with a cigar on the drive home but since I don't wash my suit or have it dry cleaned after each use I was wondering how long it may smell like a cigar. I may enjoy the scent but the next interviewer might not!

Anyone have experience in this area?

If you smoke in an small enclosed space like your car, the smell will linger much longer than if you smoke in a well-ventilated room or outside.

I suggest you wait till you get home and get changed into something you can launder before lighting up.

The smell could stay for several days or longer. Best bet is to smoke with jacket off and/or smoke outside. Spray Febreeze on jacket after smoking.

If you drive anything other than a Maybach, that suit's gonna "have scent" until you get it cleaned. Cigar smoke is pervasive, and provided your suit is of reasonable quality, the jacket in particular iss going to have a few different layers of fabric holding that smoke smell. Take a change of clothes with you for the drive home, and put the suit in a travel or hanging bad.

I enjoy the lingering odor after I have smoked a cigar. However, today I am going for a job interview and have a nice new suit (my belly seems a little too big for my old suit...it must have shrunk or something). I thought it would be nice to relax with a cigar on the drive home but since I don't wash my suit or have it dry cleaned after each use I was wondering how long it may smell like a cigar. I may enjoy the scent but the next interviewer might not!

Anyone have experience in this area?

My clothes shrink too......weird......I still haven't figured that one out

I usually keep some Axe spray in the car with me which seems to help. Just tough fighting all the women off during the day. :r :r (I wish). :r

Good luck with the interview...I second the febreeze...it helps me after the lunches at the B&M.

I notice my suit holds the smell more than my other clothing. Personally, I'd throw the jacket & tie in the trunk and febreeze the pants afterwards. (I assume you will wash the shirt)

Put the ventalation on high, blowing on your feet. Crack the driver's side window about 1". The smoke is sucked right out, and even sensitive non smokers can't tell that I've smoked in the car the next morning.

well I feel stupid. I didn't even bring my chosen cigar to work with me and I am going straight to the interview.

Moot question.

Put the ventalation on high, blowing on your feet. Crack the driver's side window about 1". The smoke is sucked right out, and even sensitive non smokers can't tell that I've smoked in the car the next morning.

Thank you! I tried several other combinations and never could get the smoke to vent right. :ss

Back