Oh Yeah! FIGHTING COCK

VirtualSmitty

Fear the walrus
Alright, meant to do this last night. but sleep got the best of me. The last couple of days i've been shuffling through my humi's, picking out a few smokes to do some reviews here. While digging i came across a torpedo turned upside down. Starring down i see it's a bue and yellow band. I pick it up, turn it around and and see two roosters locked in mortal combat. Oh yes my friends, i've stumbled on a ...

FIGHTING COCK

Where exactly this came from, I have no idea. Probably one of my very early cbid wins. Can't say it look nice. Very veiny, mottled wrapper. Sloppy cap. But i figure what the hell, this things gotta be like two years old now. And for those that don't know these are now made by Felipe Gregorio. Could they be all that bad?

Toasted the foot and fired away. Immediatly harsh, with an aroma that smells worse than an operating room after ten colonoscopies. Good draw turned out to be a bad thing as volumes as harsh, acrid smoke tortured my eyes and nose. After an inch and a half it mellowed out a bit. Pleasent undertownes of amonia, dry leaves, and ass set in. About halfway in I tossed it. Just couldn't stand the awful flavor any longer. Why were these bonafide monkey missiles ever made? Beats me, sure tastes like a bunch of dried up leaves that have been urinated on and rolled into cigars. In fact i just may try that. I bet it would be better than these :pu

This may just be the worst cigar i've ever smoked. And judging by the reviews on the T25 review db i'm not the only one.

Re: Oh Yeah!

VirtualSmitty said:
Immediatly harsh, with an aroma that smells worse than an operating room after ten colonoscopies....Pleasent undertownes of amonia, dry leaves, and ass set in. Beats me, sure tastes like a bunch of dried up leaves that have been urinated on and rolled into cigars.

This may just be the worst cigar i've ever smoked.

:r This is the best review I've read so far! Honest...LOL - Note to self - Do not smoke these cigars unless they're out of Optimos... :D

Last edited:
They used to be (~10 years ago) mild decent and made in the Phillipinces. Although the copywriter on Cigars International will always note that good cigars don't come from the Phillipines, I used to like 'em and anything will beat the new fighting cock line. I believe they are Honduran made by one of the Reyes' (not Roly but Augusto or Emilio). The same holds true for Double Happiness - used to be unique and mild cigar from the Phillipines; avoid it now.

-Matt-

VirtualSmitty said:
Why were these bonafide monkey missiles ever made? Beats me, sure tastes like a bunch of dried up leaves that have been urinated on and rolled into cigars. In fact i just may try that. I bet it would be better than these :pu

This may just be the worst cigar i've ever smoked. And judging by the reviews on the T25 review db i'm not the only one.

Tell us what you really think! :r

kmaustin21 said:
:r
Do you work for CA?

Nope. If I did my review would look like this:

This rustic cigar comes to us from the Felipe Gregprio Factory. Strong, with steely flavors and notes of rose petals, pencil lead, and tea. Could use age.

***Please see Felipe's large and very expensive ad on pg 76***

VirtualSmitty said:

This rustic cigar comes to us from the Felipe Gregprio Factory. Strong, with steely flavors and notes of rose petals, pencil lead, and tea. Could use age.

:r at the truth of this. Great post

bigALemos said:
haha nice dude, note to self, never smoke any kind of cock ever!

I agree with Big Al. I ain't never putting anything in my mouth that has the word cock attached to it. Great review. Maybe another 2 years of aging might help :r

5thDan said:
I agree with Big Al. I ain't never putting anything in my mouth that has the word cock attached to it. Great review. Maybe another 2 years of aging might help :r

:r LMFAO - When I first read this review I busted out laughing at work. Everybody was asking me to forward the e-mail....haha

VirtualSmitty said:

SNAGGED!!!
You do work for CA. No one else can write like that. :r

VirtualSmitty said:
Alright, meant to do this last night. but sleep got the best of me. The last couple of days i've been shuffling through my humi's, picking out a few smokes to do some reviews here. While digging i came across a torpedo turned upside down. Starring down i see it's a bue and yellow band. I pick it up, turn it around and and see two roosters locked in mortal combat. Oh yes my friends, i've stumbled on a ...

FIGHTING COCK

Where exactly this came from, I have no idea. Probably one of my very early cbid wins. Can't say it look nice. Very veiny, mottled wrapper. Sloppy cap. But i figure what the hell, this things gotta be like two years old now. And for those that don't know these are now made by Felipe Gregorio. Could they be all that bad?

Toasted the foot and fired away. Immediatly harsh, with an aroma that smells worse than an operating room after ten colonoscopies. Good draw turned out to be a bad thing as volumes as harsh, acrid smoke tortured my eyes and nose. After an inch and a half it mellowed out a bit. Pleasent undertownes of amonia, dry leaves, and ass set in. About halfway in I tossed it. Just couldn't stand the awful flavor any longer. Why were these bonafide monkey missiles ever made? Beats me, sure tastes like a bunch of dried up leaves that have been urinated on and rolled into cigars. In fact i just may try that. I bet it would be better than these :pu

mouse2.gif

Back