Ok fellas I need some FOG advice

The Korean

Gorilla
In the past few months, I have been taking notes on my cigar experiences (sp?) either mentally or on a log I started. In this log, I have been doing basically a review that more than likely only I would understand (it is extremely basic as I am not that complexed). I have tried to develop some sort of system for me to look back at when heading to the B&M or ordering online for which cigars I like so I can get some more or which type I like so I can try some similar. Well here is the problem, other than a couple that I did not like at all, all of the cigars I have smoked (AF, CAO, Acid, RP, Graycliff) I have liked. I have been able to start to distinguish different things I like, so I don't like the same things in all cigars, but for the most part other than a few cigars, I wouldn't mind smoking all the cigars I have already smoked again. While I am not overly upset about this, as I suppose it is a good problem. I am begining to realize that I will soon run into problem with lack of space (I already have one coolidor) and more importantly $$$. I realized this earlier when I went outside to smoke a Dirt by Drew Estate mainly to start the retiring of a small tupperware I keep my Acids in, I thought "it'll be a decent smoke, but I dont' think I'll like it as much as others I have smoked....well I went outside and had a great smoke... Am I the only one that has had this problem or have other had to work through this? Oh well, let me get out the help wanted ads for that extra job I will be needing.

Hardly a FOG, but my advice is to enjoy this period while it lasts. I find myself enjoying many, many different cigars for daily's or regulars, but for real enjoyment I am stuck wanting/needing a select few (which of course tend to be $$)

Have fun with it. Remember, coolers are cheap and part time jobs are plentiful...

heh lay off the greycliffs and you'll have more money.:r

Seriously...don't worry bout it. Remember cigars are more than taste. Mental attitude contributes a lot to the flavor. Sometimes cigars you aren't expecting to be good will be simply because A) they are actually good cigars and B) you are ready for a good smoke and open to the possibilities.

That said a friend of mine told me about a great cigar he had. It was dawn and he was on a lake fishing and the morning was perfect. The cigar? An Anthony & Cleopatra. He said he'd never believe it if someone told him bout that...but it was a very good cigar to him at that moment.

I have had a very good cigar...a Churchill reject...while making a par on a beautiful golf course.

The best cigar...to quote Jose Blanco is one of two. The one you like the most and the free cigar.

Oh and get another coolerdor.

Not sure 100% what the question is but let me throw a little opinion into the mix.......

Space problems. EVERYONE here has them, no matter how big or how small, most of us at one point or another run out of room. I know plenty of FOG's who are cramming boxes into their Cabinet Humi, Wall-a-Dor, or Closet-a-Dor. Believe me, once you really start getting into this hobby/obsession (which it looks like you have) space and storage room will be a constant worry. You just have to learn to prioritize what it is you want.

Do you want a large collection with many boxes aging for long periods of time? Do you want a vast array of different types of cigars for immediate consumption? What is it you're trying to accomplish?

My best suggestion, and one that I was given myself when I was a noob, take your time. Be patient and just smoke as much and as many different types of cigars as you can to really get a feel for what you enjoy in a cigar. Have fun with it. Make it bring you pleasure and make that be your enjoyment.

Oh and one other thing..... start saving up for a Cabinet Humi ;)

See.... even some FOG's need more room :r

attachment.php

I really didn't have a question, just really making a comment. I understand the "it was the right cigar for the right time" Last night weather/conditions wise for me was perfect. I just finished a 14 hour or so day, and it was a beautiful night, so to tell you the truth, any cigar might have been great last night.
I only a have a couple friends that really enjoy cigars like I do or more, the others are not that educated, but maybe I will play a role for them, which would be cool. That being said, I would love to eventually have a nice cabinet humidor with some boxes aging and some everyday smokes. It should be a good test for my self control....it seems like the more cigars I get, the more often I want to smoke them, I am trying to let them at least sit for a while. Oh well, no worries, it is a wonderful obsession to have

See.... even some FOG's need more room :r

attachment.php

:r oddly enough I have a detached game room at my new home. I am in the process of remodeling it. Inside of it, there is a room that is 6'x9 maybe, it is full of junk, boxes, etc. However this past weekend, I was thinking to myself man that would be an awesome humidor. The bad part is I jokingly (not really) said to my wife how awesome it would be, trouble is she really didn't oppose it right away..

Back