OK... I finally bit...

God

Lowland Gorilla
JR Cigars have been dangling those S.T. Dupont cigars for about 2 years now with all kinds of deals.

Well today I finally bit on the deal... 25 Churchills for $60...

Now I'm not holding out a lot of hope for this cigar... probably just another crappy Dominican cigar that Lew bought cheap (probably REALLY cheap) but for less than $2.50 a stick I'll give them a try.

Plus I have a couple of golf tournaments coming up that I usually pass out sticks... if they are really bad I'll just business expense them... LOL!! Most of the golfers in these tournaments wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a Phillie Blunt and a Padron...

Anybody have any experience with these cigars... What's it gonna be?

Great Buy?.... or..... Golf Cigars?

S.T. Dupont cigars? Are they trying to be the next Dunhill or Davidoff? Never heard of them making cigars.

EDIT:
Wrapper Type: SECRET
Binder: SECRET
Filler: SECRET

Sounds mysterious

Jerry (C2000) sent me one. It was pretty tasty, some oomph to it. Not just a typical dominican stick like say a dunhill. Not nearly as good as a davi, but they ain't bad for the price.

I commited the possible crime of smoking only one (tubo) and walking away. Well made and mild to medium - neither frightening nor stunning in any dimension - not bad. That based on one smoke a year ago.

There are two different ST Duponts out there. The older one is made in the DR and the new one in NIC. I purchased a box of the DR version when JR was selling off the old stocks (I think they still have some left). Mine were the tubos. Very good cigar! I save these as a special occasion smoke.

God said:
Most of the golfers in these tournaments wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a Phillie Blunt and a Padron...

Is there a difference??:confused:

I'm not sure, but I think I have the old version. Light beige wrapper with very nice gold letters? I'm not sure of the size I have either. But I did smoke 2 of them. Have one left. Not a great cigar in terms of taste. Very easy draw. Very light taste. Pretty woody. Not really nutty. Sorta what a lot of light cigars taste like. Very simple smoke. At no point did it really change flavor. I had it in the humidor for a few months and it was properly humidified and I smoked through that cigar like wildfire. I was done within a matter of minutes for some reason. REALLY nice ash. Wrapper looks delicate but I think in reality it's fine.

If you think having a box S.T. Dupont cigars for the future would be cool and rare then keep them. If not, then past them out to your fellow golfers. They can't tell the difference between crap and tobacco right?

Last edited:
I also bit at JR's e-mail weekly special today ordering a box of Lonsdales @$49.95 + S&H. Figured for 2 bucks a whack the damage couldn't be too bad if I didn't like them, or at least I'd have something to give my mooching Brother-In-Law when he comes around.

Back