Oliva Serie G Maduro Robusto

rack04

Addie's Daddy
After such rave reviews I figured it was time I tried the Oliva Serie G Maduro for myself. However, before I get into the review I must admit that I have smoked a couple Oliva Serie G Special G Naturals and Maduros over the past couple weeks but I was simply not impressed. It must have been the size of the Special G because I was absolutely blown away by the Oliva Serie G Maduro Robusto.

While inspecting this cigar I found the wrapper to be dark with a pleasant aroma. This is a box pressed cigar that felt loose upon inspection. It didn't take long for the foot to be glowing orange. The initial flavors I experienced include chocolate and mild spice. Half way through the mild spice disappeared and flavors such as nuts and coffee shined through. From here on out it was smooth, creamy goodness. When I say from here on out I'm referring to the point when you are burning your fingers but refuse to put it down.

Overall I'd say that I've found a new daily smoke. In my opinion you won't find a better Maduro with a $3.00 price tag. Only thing left to do is to find room for a box purchase I see on the horizon.

Try the natural (cameroon wrapper) Special G Robusto too!
Great coffee/nut flavor with the right amount of spicy kick. :tu

It's a regular in my rotation.

Great review, I also like the Maduros over the camy in the G Serie:tu
Now, you must try the O Serie if you haven't allready IMHO they are even better than the G's, in the O's I like the Nats. better than the Maduros:dr

Great review, I also like the Maduros over the camy in the G Serie:tu
Now, you must try the O Serie if you haven't allready IMHO they are even better than the G's, in the O's I like the Nats. better than the Maduros:dr

SteveDMatt bombed me with a Oliva Serie O Maduro. So needless to say I'm a little excited to try it.

Thanks for the review! I will have to try the robusto because the Special G has been pretty inconsistent for me. Some have been good, while others were harsh & bitter.

Oliva Serie G Maduro Perfecto is my favorite. I really like the O natural as well. Can't wait to try a V or a S. The master blends are great too. The more Olivas I smoke the more I like them.

Nice review. I have about 100 Oliva in my humidors. The V is also a nice full body smoke. I just had an Oliva V Lancero 7 by 38. Only two stores sell them in this area, one in Montclair NJ and the other in NY.
If you like the G, you'll like the V.

Back