Oliva Serie V & 5 Vegas Shorty Pictoral Series

gvarsity

mr. mom
Oliva Serie V & 5 Vegas Shorty Pictoral Series FIXED PIX

P1010082.jpg

This weekend we had the first 60+ degree days here in 5 months. It was also the my birthday on Sunday when these pictures were taken.

For my wonderfully relaxing solo herf we had some Paulaner Hefe-Weiss from the mini keg. A novel Priestess of the White by new favorite fantasy author Trudi Canavan. (aside) I had almost given up on new fantasy. I hadn't found a new author I enjoyed in probably five years. Read her first series in a week. Hadn't done that since probably high school. Have my wolf v cutter handy but unused due to two torp shaped cigars. Wasn't even surfing on the Mac just listening to a Live Police concert from 1980 that a friend had given me as a birthday present.

P1010083.jpg
P1010094.jpg

P1010085.jpg
P1010095.jpg

P1010088.jpg
P1010096.jpg

P1010089.jpg
P1010098.jpg

P1010092.jpg
P1010099.jpg

P1010093.jpg
P1010097.jpg

My t-shirt was in defiance of my 8th annual 29th birthday.

Oliva V Torp was purchased from TabooCigars. Excellent customer service. Shameless plug for them.

There is a lot of hype around this marca. I think it suffered from high expectations. I enjoyed it but it felt was relatively unremarkable. Lots of nutty toasty flavors and good volumes of smoke. I have to admit I was surprised by the Vitamin N kick. Was stronger than it tasted or I expected. The burn needed some babying. I will happily try one again but wouldn't jump on a box. The next Oliva V I have in the humi is a lancero. I'm curious how they compare. All in all above average but didn't blow my doors off.

5 Vegas Shorty

A Cameroon wrapped little sparkplug. This one may have benefited from low expectations. I got these in a split when they were on a joecigar.com deal a few months ago. Come in a cool little metal container in packs of four I believe. For a 20 min 1$ smoke I was really impressed. Smoked like a much bigger cigar. Burned razor straight had a perfect draw. Had lots of good if one dimensional Cameroon sweetness. I enjoyed it as much or more as the Oliva. Was it a better cigar? Probably no in any objective measure. I did however enjoy it as much or more that day.

Hope y'all enjoyed the mini review and side by side pics.

Last edited:
Bad link to your pics, it's asking for your name and password to pull them up.

Thanks for the heads up I'll fix it thanks. Fixed. Some broken permission in the web content manager. POS! Anyway it works side by side if your window is wide enough otherwise it alternates them. DOH! Anyway sorry for the hassle.

Last edited:
Great review! I just had an Oliva V Torp the other day and I have to agree with you regarding the strength. It didn't taste too strong, but I definitely felt it when I stood up!

I do love the V. It's a great smoke, but I also lean to the medium body smokes. Full body smokers may not dig this as much. Nice review. :tu

Back