Oliva Series V Belicoso

Coffee Grounds

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Size: 5 x 54
Shape: Belicoso
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua

One of my first favorites was Oliva O so when I read a few reveiws on this line I said what the heck and bought a box. At less than $4 a piece I figured I would take a chance on a box purchase.

The appearance of this cigar is great. Its like a short Belicoso dark and oily. Its a sleek looking smoke.

I fired it up and the construction was good. The draw was perfect and the burn was good.
The burn did not streak but was never really even. The ash was perfect and being super tight. The ash hung on for about 1/3 of the cigar.

The flavor was nice and strong. I tasted rich bark like flavor with a very strong presence of leather. The leather would linger on the aftertaste. Being a full body smoke I was pleased with the smoothness but the balance was just a bit off for me. The leather overpowered the rest of the flavor tones. It was still very good. This is a smooth leather stick that is very tasty.

All in all I would give this cigar 8.4 out of 10

If you enjoy full body leather sticks that are smooth this is a must try.

I just had one of these for the first time on Friday. I must say it is certainly a nice looking cigar! I think my taste buds took an early vacation two weeks ago or something...nothing really tastes right to me, so I can't really comment on the taste of the cigar. I will definitely have more though, it's not that I thought it was bad, I just don't trust that I tasted it properly.

Love the V Belicoso, love the taste, the size and the price. Picked up a box of 24 for under $100 a while back from CigarPlace.biz. Nice shorter smoke and hard to beat the price.:tu

Thanks for the review. I love the Series V, but I didn't have a good experience with this size. The stick I smoked was tight. I had to massage the top part for a while to get a draw. I personally like the Torp better.

My guy at my local shop recommended these I bought about 5 sticks (robustos & belicosos) andcame back & bought a box of the belicosos. They are really smooth for a "strong" cigar. They should really get delicious with age.

L-O-V-E the V baby!! I had one yesterday.

And it was #4 in Cigar Aficinado's Top 25 Cigars for the year 2007!

Yeah I saw the top 5 rating, although I don't always agree with CA. Rated up there with the likes of Monte #2, Opus etc.. Seems like it might worth a try.

CA had it right this time with the No. 4 ranking for the Oliva V. The lanceros come across the best but overall the entire Serie V is a big bang for the buck! :tu :ss

Last edited:
I've got a couple of V's in the humi right now. After reading the raves here, I'm thinking I'll smoke one today and let one age a bit.:ss

CA had it right this time with the No. 4 ranking for the Oliva V. The lanceros come across the best but overall the entire Serie V is a big bang for the buck! :tu :ss

It's rare that I'll agree with CA, but I agree CA had it right this time. I love this cigar as well.
I have some Serie V Lancero and Dbl Rob. I may have to add them to our site for sale?
Olivas make some of our Taboo Blends. Great people. Quality smokes at a great price. (Both the Oliva Brands and the Taboo they make for us):ss

Back