Oliveros 1927

ShaulWolf

Gorilla
Oliveros 1927 Churchill
7 x 50

It was a Sunday night and I had time to kill after doing my usual run and getting things ready for the week. I sat down with another stick gifted by FN in MT with a cup of coffee and kicked back to the sound of crickets.

The wrapper is toothy, rough, and rugged. It isn't ugly, but it's not like a Montecristo. It has some veins, some roughness, but it's handsome in its own way like that. It has a strong earthy scent to it that matches its looks.

Initial flavors give something sweet, toasty, coffee, and a woody finish. Maybe some nuts, but it was very faint. This is how the first third was for me. It started with a medium bodied sweet toasty coffee profile with a hint of woodiness, but finished strongly with the woody flavor.

The ash was a darker grey, and very grainy. Draw was nice and easy, and plenty of smoke came with it.

The second third got to a medium-full bodied flavor. It was much like the first third, with a toasty coffee flavor that finishes woody.

The sweetness subsided by the final third. Otherwise it was just like the previous two thirds. It was very consistent, and flavorful. It wasn't very complex, but the flavors were strong and mixed well with each other. The burn was very even, the draw was good, there was plenty of smoke, and the ash was firm.

Good review! I won some of these awhile back from the "D" site and aged, forgot about them for 6 months until a few weeks ago. I found it to be a decent cigar and well made.

Back