Oliveros XL For Men?

ScottishSmoker

A Cat eating Spaghetti...
I was just given an Oliveros XL for Men and have personally never heard of them...has anyone here got any info on them? I am kind of afraid to smoke it because it has the word "For Men" written on the label...I would love to know what I am getting into here...Thanks

I was just given an Oliveros XL for Men and have personally never heard of them...has anyone here got any info on them? I am kind of afraid to smoke it because it has the word "For Men" written on the label...I would love to know what I am getting into here...Thanks

Your kidding right,"...afraid to smoke it". IMHO the Oliveros XL "For Men" is a halfway decent cigar with a silly name. Well that's my :2 . When I first stumbled onto Cbid I bought a slug of them cheap!! Tried all of them including the choker with the 60 ring size. Sort of a medium stick to me with some spice, well that's what I remember. They looked like a great buy while listed on Cbid with their inflated MSRP. I smoked some, shared some & gave the rest away to the troops. Figured they would be ok while cruising the sand in a Hummer.

Torch it up and give it a try. Heck that's what it's all about.:pp

I wouldn't have tried this cigar however Da Klugs gifted me one. Yes, I am one of the lucky few who has been gifted a non-Cuban cigar by Dave. The rest of you poor chaps get the old crusty ones from him..

I must say it was suprisingly good. I thought the words "XL For Men" seemed to indicate it was compensating for inadequacies (a perfect cigar for Dave).

As papajohn67 said, good cigar silly name..

I wouldn't have tried this cigar however Da Klugs gifted me one. Yes, I am one of the lucky few who has been gifted a non-Cuban cigar by Dave. The rest of you poor chaps get the old crusty ones from him..

I must say it was suprisingly good. I thought the words "XL For Men" seemed to indicate it was compensating for inadequacies (a perfect cigar for Dave).

As papajohn67 said, good cigar silly name..

:fu :D

Reminded me of the ERDM's. When are you moving?

I've got some of the 52's in corojo that I won on c-bid. Not a bad smoke. I call em the "Hai Karate" cigar because I can't help but think that the same incompetent marketing person named both the cologne & the cigar.

Hai Karate is a cologne that was popular from the late 60's/early 70's to the 80's. It smelled a bit like perfumed rubber.

Last edited:
Ok Matt....we still gotta hook up at Ricks. Where ya moving to?

Back to Ohio. Ten years in Texas has learned this Yankee a thing or two but I have to get the little ones closer to their Grandparents. Liam has the next two weeks off of preschool but starts again the last week in March. As soon as I have his schedule down I will know when I am able to sneak away to Rick's.. I will PM you Frank.

Picked up a five pack off cbid and let them age. I like them. Little fuller with a maduro wrapper. Best cigar ever no way. Worst cigar ever no way. It is not a dog rocket and will be worth the time. Enjoy

TT:cb

Well, I don't think the euphemisms are helping ease my nerves to much...but, but I think I am going to smoke this week...thanks, I am happy that many of you like them...Thanks guys

what do you mean by gimmick?

Good question, how about another threadjack since I have soo many in this thread already! :D

All of these are gimmicks IMHO. I am sure I missed many others.

1. any flavored and/or "infused" cigar
  2. dyed wrappers
  3. "pre-embargo" Cuban tobacco cigars
  4. "legal cubans" that are made with old cuban seeds grown in Costa Rica
  5. Cigars that have been using 1990 and 1992 vintage tobacco for 5 years running now
  6. cigars in humidors that light up
  7. cigars made with "Swamp tobacco" (that gimmick even got me to buy 2 sticks)

Swamp tobacco? I think I'm glad I didn't get hit with that one.

I look forward to meeting you face to face Matt. Let me know if there is anything I can do. There's always cold beer when you need one. :al

D

I think the face to face thing takes new meaning in this thread...

Oliveros XL For Men are hardly a "gimmick" cigar... :cb

The XL Double Maduro is a very good cigar for those that like maddys. It uses a double maduro wrapper, first a thick Connecticut broadleaf maduro binder, second is a dark Brazilian maduro wrapper leaf.

The Oliveros XL Double Corojo is also a good cigar for those that like a corojo wrapper. This is not my favorite corojo cigar but not bad for $4.

Dont let the name fool you. They are not tacticle nukes. Both are medium to medium/full cigars. Give 'em a shot.

Back