One man's trash...

jjirons69

Son of Evil Emperor Zurg
Check out this polycarbonate dessicator. I rescued it from the recycle/trash bin. My wife just shook her head. :rolleyes: I'm turning it into a see-through humi. It's in great shape and has minimal scratches. It cleaned up well. It's a 12" cube and is 3/8" thick. Nice stainless piano hinge, stainless clasps, and a solid seal. Three shelves (with holes) and a bottom pan.

I was curious if any of you brothers/sisters have some thin cedar sheets to spare. I currently have one 4"X6" piece from the bottom of a Griffin's box. That's kinda what I'm looking for, the thin veneer-type sheets. I don't want to dismantle any of my empty boxes. I'll be glad to trade for a few sheets. Thanks in advance.

plastic1.jpg

plastic2.jpg

plastic3.jpg

plastic4.jpg

Chit, never crossed my mind until I just read your post. They always have a ton of boxes stacked in the humi. Will do.

I want to see how this turns out. Looks like it could really come together and be a nice looking one of a kind humi!

Interesting....I'm sure that'll be one crazy lookin' humi!!!:tu:)

Can't wait to see the end product! You gunna "pimp it out"...with lights and the such?:D

By the way...Do you know what was stored in it?
We wouldn't want any "nuclear waste" affecting a fellow Gorilla!!!:hn:ss:D:)

hey put me down for one of these?!?!?

I gotta go dumpster diving for the next cool 'convert a humi' box!

That thing will look sooo awesome. even if you stack the baby with only sticks...ya know no boxes.....so cool

maybe put some PC case mods into it and have fun led flashing light display.

Sweet!! I should look into that, thats the kinda stuff I deal with at work. I could make a pretty sweet shelf set up inside my wine-o-dor :tu And if you want to try to get those few scratches out try a product called Novus :D

http://www.novuspolish.com/

Awesome! You definitely have to go with the PC case mod upgrades. In fact, I have a 120mm variable speed case fan (blue LED) I can send you--I got it off newegg a few months ago but it was too big for the system I built my son. PM your addy & you can have it.

Awesome! You definitely have to go with the PC case mod upgrades. In fact, I have a 120mm variable speed case fan (blue LED) I can send you--I got it off newegg a few months ago but it was too big for the system I built my son. PM your addy & you can have it.

PM sent, Kaiser! Thanks for the offer! I'll see what I can make with it.

Back