One Of The All Time Greats

Mister Moo

The Pinnacle of Style
We lost him 30 years ago today. Groucho did more for cigars, wisecracks, and sly looks than than anyone else I know. Besides a fat cigar and a fake mustache his hallmarks were kindness and generosity. He would have been a great contributor.

A three cigar salute to the memory of Mr. Marx.

:ss:ss:ss​

ftp_gro2.jpeg

A Great man who brought a lot of laughter to the world. I still get a kick out of The Marx Brothers movies, even though I've seen them several times.
I asked a younger co-worker once if he had ever seen a Marx Brothers movie?
He answered that he didn't watch black and white movies. You younger people out there that haven't seen the Marx Brothers, rent one of their movies and get ready for some laughs.

Salute :ss :ss :ss

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception"
Groucho Marx​

Does anyone know Groucho's favorite cigar? Seems that I read somewhere that he smoked only the cheapest cigars.

-Ken

Here is a great article about him in Cigar Aficionado, written by his son.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Profiles/People_Profile/0,2540,19,00.html

Quote:
Even though I had no desire to start smoking when I was still in grammar school, the rich, fragrant aroma of a Havana cigar always whetted my olfactory senses as I opened the humidor, selected a 410 and carried it downstairs to my father at the dinner table.

Looks like he liked Cubans.

Looks like Dunhill 410's was his favorite cigar.

Last edited:
Groucho might have said this about CS.

I have a mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it. ~Groucho Marx

what a great comedian. i grew up watching marx brothers movies - for some reason, WGN (i believe it was) would always run 2 or 3 of their movies on new year's eve. luckily, my parents would indulge me and allow me to stay up with the big people to ring in the new year. and mom and dad were also marx brothers fans... a true mensch.

:ss:ss:ss

or "I wouldn't be a member of a club that would have me as a member"

he was 1 of the greats.........no dout about it

One of my favorite lines from Groucho;

" I brought you a good quarter cigar, I smoked the other 3 quarters on the way over here"

Been a huge fan of Groucho Marx and the Mark Brothers. I can still sit back and enjoy them. Classic films!

Back