Online Cigar shopping

macjoe53

Alpha Silverback
I've seen the bad reviews on Thompson.
I've ordered from JR.
What the word on Cigar International? Has anyone tried their Friday Night Fight packages?
What are other good online cigar retailers?

I have yet to order anything online, however two of my friends buy from Cigar International and have had no problems at all.

Stay away from Thompson's, man.

I ordered something from them and they called me the next day and asked me to join their 250 club. I said no and then 10 mins later they some how managed to slip in and say they were going to send me $50 worth of cigars each month. I even told them I was not interested in the club. Idiots.

I also never got the free gift they mentioned. I won't be buying from them.

Cigars International is a great online source for stogies. Also, see CigarBid (owned and operated by Cigars International) and Famous Smoke.

Cigars International is a great online source for stogies. Also, see CigarBid (owned and operated by Cigars International) and Famous Smoke.

:tpd: 100%

That where I go... but I did get the fast and furious father's day sampler from holts, too. Quick delivery

I do most of my online shopping at CI and Cbid. You can get great deals at Cbid. Too great, maybe, I always end up buying more than I intend to.

Big Famous fan here!

Not only are the prices right...the site is just perfectly laid out. It has pictures of almost everything and is very user friendly. An overall nice shopping experience.

Dukecitycigars.com has been very good to me, as has cigarking.com. Holts is top notch.

scottie

Famous Smoke Shop

Cigars International

JR Cigars

Atlantic Cigar

Holts

Auction Sites

Cigar Bid

Cigar Auctioneer

Specials

Cigar Monster

Joe Cigar

Have fun... there are others out there but this will get you started.
:tpd:
But also check out:
seriouscigars.com
tntcigars.com
cigarking.com
mikescigars.com

I will say that all these listed (& copped from Drifty Gypsy) are reputable retailers who will treat you right. I've had no problems with any of them despite numerous dealings (well once on Cigars Int'l, but they made it right the same day).

As with most retailers in a competitive business, each place has their own "loss leaders" and special limited-time deals, so it pays to check several of the ones mentioned before buying. I recommend you check each of these out, & sign up for their e-mail lists (if you don't mind getting a bunch) to see where the best deals from the "good guys" are coming.

Happy herfing! :D

Thanks for all the help! I now have a good list of places to try - one purchase after another.

Down the slippery slope I slide.....
Screw the slide, this is more like diving off a cliff!

Here is a geek tip. In Firefox, in the bookmarks section I have a folder called "Cigars" where I have links to all the major Cigar sellers. Firefox also automatically puts a link in the bookmark folders called "Open all in tabs". Just click on the "Open all in tabs" and bang, all the tabs open up and I can rapid fire through all the cigar specials in about 2 minutes.

Here is a geek tip. In Firefox, in the bookmarks section I have a folder called "Cigars" where I have links to all the major Cigar sellers. Firefox also automatically puts a link in the bookmark folders called "Open all in tabs". Just click on the "Open all in tabs" and bang, all the tabs open up and I can rapid fire through all the cigar specials in about 2 minutes.

Been a Firefox fan for about two years now.

Back