Onyx Reserve Churchill

dccraft

Evolving Lead Gorilla
This is one sweet looking big dawg of a stick!

Lighting this up I was greeted with a blast of thick maduro flavor that lasted for the first full inch of the smoke. It then mellowed out to a rich creamy cocoa flavor just like your morning coffee with your favorite creamer. This lasted for almost the entire smoke.
I had an initial ash of 3" going until I bumped it and ended up ashing all over myself. :hn The final 2" to 3" brought back a stronger burst of maduro that finished great. I see why the Onyx gets such a high rating. This one lived up to all my expectations and more. I see a few more of these will need to find a home in my humi. :ss

Onyx.jpg

Onyx2.jpg

Onyx3.jpg

I used to love these sticks, I haven't had one in a while, might have to fire one up. Great review.

Very nice photos; it's been 3 years since I've tried an Onyx as well, and I guess it's time to try a Churchill..

Nice review with pics, thanks!

I'm enjoying a Onyx Reserve Robusto right now. Wishing I had a can of Squirt along with it!
:tu

This is the only cigar so far that has turned me green at the gills. :hn I loved the flavor though.

These are a great value smoke. Have a box of these in the humidor, I should pull one out sometime soon. Haven't noticed the nicotine power though.

I enjoyed a small torpedo version of this stick. Mine seemed quite nutty when I smoked it if I remember. I have never heard of that drink though...

Back