"Oooh that smell...can't you smell that smell"

Bobb

je snork donc je suis
So, Last night was a very interesting night!

I was driving home from work (from the cigar shop) and I hit a dear...hard. NOT GOOD!! My car is pretty F'ed up! So I stepped out to look around, but there was lightning EVERYWHERE (a huge thunderstorm was just about to hit..and it did) so I didn't feel safe and went back inside the car. The hood is caved in pretty bad, but the car was running, so I decided to try driving home. I was about 8 miles from my apartment when I slammed into the walking venisin steaks, but I needed to take it slow driving...the last thing I needed was my hood to fly up. I drive about 15 yards when a highway partol pulls me over (I'm going about 7 mph on the shoulder with my hazards blinking and my hood all jacked up...I guess I can see why he hit the lights)

The officer asked if I hit a dear. I said yes. He then took a wiff in the car and asked, "Where's the dope?" I say, "What?" He repeats, "Where's the dope...I smell dope." I do not have any dope and I never had had any dope, so I was quite confused. I then told him that I do work in a cigar shop, and actually just put out a RP Connecticut about 10 mins before. He didn't belive me so he searched the car (I do have papa smurf hanging from by rear view mirror, golf tees in my ears instead of earings, garbage everywhere in the car, a box of Ritz crackers on the front seat, plus my vehicle does smell like smoke...I now understand why he wanted to search) I had no problems with him looking around since there was nothing there for him to find; however, the lighting storm was getting much worse and I was thinging to my self, "What are the odds of hitting a dear AND getting struck by lighting withing 20 mins of each other." The answer I gave my self was a lot higher then I wanted, so as soon as he was done searching I asked if I could wait in my car for the tow truck.

The storm did hit...hard, so I sat in my hot and humid car getting pelted with rain for over 30 mins while waiting for a tow truck (the officer at this point left me there) We get the car to the auto shop and the tow truck driver gave me a ride home. Fun night :D

I guess my question to you is, do you think cigar smoke can smell like marijuana? Has any one else been accused of having dope on them when it was just the pleasent aroma from a nice cigar?

Absolutely not. I've smelled weed before and it doesn't smell anything like a cigar. Probably was just his excuse of "probable cause".

I am a newbie to cigars and I would have to say if you have a cigar that smells anything like weed, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is!

MJ has a very distinctive aroma. The best I can describe it is that it is almost identical to the odor the feed plant gives off when making livestock feed from alfalfa (you had to live in eastern Nebraska when you were young...). I've never smelled a cigar, either when smoking it or after, that has the same aroma.

The cop has a bad nose, IMO.

Cheers!

I don't see how anyone could confuse them... weed has a really strong and distinct smell that is much different from cigarette or cigar smoke. He probably saw evidence of some kind of smoke and determined it was weed.

I have never smelled a good cigar that had that "smell". I guess some cops deal with cigars that are "re-rolled".

Sounds like a azzhat to me. He was probably getting a little chub while he was doing the search. Good thing he didn't find anything he might of had the bigO...
I wished law enforcement would put as much energy into, lets say,auto theft as they do someone having a little "that smell" weed.

Honestly Bobb, most thugs wrap weed in cigars(blunts). Part of the reason is to mask the smell. If your car already smelled of smoke and you had just put out a cigar, I could see that. Plus it is on them to check. If he has any incling that something is wrong, I would rather him check than not. Just my two cents. I do respect the way you handled it.

He probably only SAID he smelled dope because he needed a pretense to search through your car. Cigar smoke doesn't smell at all like pot.

-Ken

I've never confused the two smells ... I thing they are wildly different.

However, I had sparked up a stogie one evening, and 3 people told me that it smelled of pot ..... and these are people that know what pot smells like, I assure you.

(shrug)

Good to hear you are okay !!!

I guess my question to you is, do you think cigar smoke can smell like marijuana? Has any one else been accused of having dope on them when it was just the pleasent aroma from a nice cigar?

They smell NOTHING ALIKE!!! Even if you are smoking it out of a blunt, the weed smell will come right through. That cop got one look at your piercings and made up his profiling mind.

That sucks.:mad:

They smell NOTHING ALIKE!!! Even if you are smoking it out of a blunt, the weed smell will come right through. That cop got one look at your piercings and made up his profiling mind.

That sucks.:mad:

That's what I'm thinking. He saw the messy state of your car, and the way you look, and concluded that you had weed in the car.

Thats interesting. Personally, I have never smelled pot smoke, so I don't know if it could be confused with cigar smoke.:r

Honestly Bobb, most thugs wrap weed in cigars(blunts). Part of the reason is to mask the smell.

Actually I think the reason they roll sweets is because they hold more mary jane than regular zig zags. At least this is what I've always thought.

I have been to enough Bob Dylan concerts to know what Marijuana smells like, and I do not think they smell similar at all. I was just curious if anything like this has ever happened to anyone else.

p.s. I do not blame the officer at all. He was just doing his job. To be honest, if I saw me, I'd think I was a pot head, and my car did have a strange oder to it.

Actually I think the reason they roll sweets is because they hold more mary jane than regular zig zags. At least this is what I've always thought.

Experience talking.......;).

It prolly differs from person to person. I have had a few people state that to me. Might have to research it.

Back