Ooops, stupid humidor tricks!

The Bruce

ChestBeater
Umm, well I did a bad thing to my humidor. I cliped off the burned end of a cigar I was not in the mood to finish andthrow away. So I put it in my Humidor. Ooooops!!! The humidor now stinks pretty bad when I open it. Can I just air it out?

--
Erik

Umm, well I did a bad thing to my humidor. I cliped off the burned end of a cigar I was not in the mood to finish andthrow away. So I put it in my Humidor. Ooooops!!! The humidor now stinks pretty bad when I open it. Can I just air it out?

--
Erik

:r :r :r

I did that the first week I got mine. Live and learn. :D

ohh ouch, yea me and my friend were smoking some cigars and he decided he didn't want his anymore but didn't want to throw it out, so he cut the end and put it in his glove box in his car...bad idea, esp. if you don't want your parents to know you smoke.

--
Erik

did the same thing. it airs out in a few days just do it outside because it is like having a half smoked cigar air freshener

It took mine quite a while to get back to normal.
Try some sand paper on the inside and it might help to get that cedar smell going again. That seemed to help mine. I also tried some baking soda to (like you use to remove odors from your fridge). and last leaving it open with lots of fresh air. Maybe outside if it is a protected area.

Just some thoughts that helped restore mine. I'd say it took me a couple of weeks to revive mine.

Try some sand paper on the inside and it might help to get that cedar smell going again.

If you go this route, make absolutely sure you get all the dust out of there before restocking. Also make sure you wear some kind of filter/mask so you don't breathe in the dust.

If you have a large enough tupperware type container, put your sticks in that with your humidification device, and let your humi air out for a couple of days. A bit of baking soda in a small container inside might help as well.

Back