Opus/Anejo Price Gouging at B&Ms

dantzig

Pseudo Gorilla
I had a nice little talk with the guys at my B&M today that started when I asked if they even carried the more expensive A. Fuente products such as Opus, Anejo, and Hemmingway lines. They said that they did but they always sold out instantly because they never receive very many. They actually recommended some other local B&Ms that might have them in stock which shocked the hell out of me! When I asked if any of these other stores price gouged, they said that none of the B&Ms they knew would dare price gouge because one report would get their A. Fuente account closed! They pointed out that tax on cigars varies in different states between 10 and 50% of MSRP but anyone charging more than double MSRP is certainly taking advantage of customers. I think that I like my B&M :tu

They are misinformed. If that was true, Fuente would have said or done something the times he visited the B&M here that charges $25 for a fuente fuente. No taxes. Other stores sell for $8.95

They are misinformed. If that was true, Fuente would have said or done something the times he visited the B&M here that charges $25 for a fuente fuente. No taxes. Other stores sell for $8.95

Rumor has it that if you send in your receipt as proof of the gouging that they could indeed lose their account for awhile. But I have not heard of an example yet.

I had a nice little talk with the guys at my B&M today that started when I asked if they even carried the more expensive A. Fuente products such as Opus, Anejo, and Hemmingway lines. They said that they did but they always sold out instantly because they never receive very many. They actually recommended some other local B&Ms that might have them in stock which shocked the hell out of me! When I asked if any of these other stores price gouged, they said that none of the B&Ms they knew would dare price gouge because one report would get their A. Fuente account closed! They pointed out that tax on cigars varies in different states between 10 and 50% of MSRP but anyone charging more than double MSRP is certainly taking advantage of customers. I think that I like my B&M :tu

if you're looking for regular hemmingways, my shop has tons and sells boxes at msrp

they have the opus and anejos as well, I can give you their number if you'd like

if you're looking for regular hemmingways, my shop has tons and sells boxes at msrp

they have the opus and anejos as well, I can give you their number if you'd like

Well I'm mainly looking for Hemmingway maduros, Anejos, and 858 SG for myself and to share with other people here. The rare stuff that everyone else is looking for. I will gladly take the number and call your local shop to see if they can help me if you feel like sharing the info!

sure thing

806 353 6331

it's called the Smoke Shop, they ship, you can ask for Joe, he's who I usually talk to, but any of them are helpful. They will only admit to having what's on their shelves, and as of tuesday, that was some 46's, 48's, 49's and some Opus

good luck :ss

One thing you have to realize is that some of the B&Ms that charge ridiculus prices are not authorized Fuente dealers, so they are buying the cigars on the secondary market.

While others just charge whatever people will pay. :hn :hn

Rumor has it that if you send in your receipt as proof of the gouging that they could indeed lose their account for awhile. But I have not heard of an example yet.

Unless of course the b&m in question is like one of the local shops here in Austin that donates 50k a year to the Fuente Foundation. They're selling boxes and singles at double that of suggested msrp.

Unless of course the b&m in question is like one of the local shops here in Austin that donates 50k a year to the Fuente Foundation. They're selling boxes and singles at double that of suggested msrp.

Interesting. I guess thats how casa fuente gets away with it. That still chaps my ass how much they are gouging there. Case in point, Thanksgiving $18 for a no 46 anejo at Casa fuente. Yesterday I got them for $8 in CLT at a B&M (limit 5).

The only way to bring prices down is to avoid the artificial hype that surrounds these sticks and that we sometimes buy into. If no one is buying they either have to lower prices or stop manufacturing, I would wager they would make more and drop prices, just my :2.

Jacin,

Cigar & Tabac on Metcalf has the #49 Anejo at a good price point, but they are limited to 2 sticks per day.

Last year what they did, was open a box & limit the sale to 2 cigars per day(as they have been this year.) Then when that box/size runs out, they open another box/size & do the same throughout the season.

You must be talking about the thieves at Corona.

I have heard stories of Fuente closing accounts with distributors due to price gouging. From what I understand, if you have a B&M that is taking advantage of you, you can send the receipt to Fuente and they will take care of that. Seems like a relatively permanent solution, but it'll teach those shops to stick it to us consumers! :tu

i actually stopped in a Tinder Box today to see if they got any Opus in for the holidays and they had one box of robustos, and were asking $29 per stick!! I told him that was outrageous and he said "On no my friend, this is a good price, you can't get them any cheaper." I chuckled at him and politely declined.

Back